Where to store music files

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I had assumed you should store your music files, photos, videos, and other documents not needed for the O.S. or important apps on the external SD card? Well I did that and no app besides Winamp can find them! And even after that, Winamp doesn't play MP3 files??? huh??

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
On my external sdcard, i made a folder for movies and music.
I use winamp and mixzing players and they both find all my music mp3's.
Rockplayer or vitalplayer for movies.

6Gigs of movies/shows & 1. 5Gigs of music atm.

Sent from my S7 thru space & time

JFer

Dec 19, 2010
I use Rockplayer universal, in options you can change the music directory (for example sdcard2)

Last edited:

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Yeah, Winamp will find the music & playlists on the external card, but Winamp won't play MP3 playlists?? When I try to play any song in a playlist, I get the mesage, "Sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file" andther I tap about 2 files, Winamp will hang up. :(

You can play the individual files, but what the use of the playlist then? the playlists are stored on the external SD card in the same folders as the song files. Should I move the playlists to the internal card?

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I'm partial to Pocket tunes myself. I had it on my Palm, and it was just great.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Would you happen to know where Winamp might save a new playlist? I wasn't able to select the folder, so I assume it's saved in RAM or the internal SD, but mounting it and searching the the Windows explorer didn't find anything internally; only the playlists I copied to the external card.

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
My music is on my sd2 and real player works great. Mort player works too but you have to help direct it to the music folder.

Sent from my S7

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I am about to give up trying to use my Huawei S7 to play mp3 playlist files. Just about every app I tried either couldn't find the external SD card, or refused to play the song; "Sorry, the player do not support this type of file.The reason for having playlists is so you don't have to pick the next song after the first one ends.

Even Realplayer for Android did that.

Last edited:

Music

Feb 5, 2011
The only way I got things like a playlist to actually work was to use WMP to sync the Huawei, andit put All 3 GB of files on the internal card. I still have 2.6 Gb out of the 7.5 GB, so I think I can still run a few apps. I will send some feedback to Winamp to let them know what is going on.

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
I also use Audioplayer with EQ platinum too..they all seem to work. I synced my music with doubletwist for PC via usb. The only player that couldn't find it was mort. And ironically doubletwist player.

Sent from my S7

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
I have mine on the SDCard 2 (the external card) in a folder I created called Music. I have about 200+ mp3s in there. The default music player finds them with no problem and plays them all with no problems.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I did that the first time I copied music files to the micro SD, and I can play any song by picking it out from the list of 900 songs. The problem is that the playlist data isn't getting sync'd correctly, and when you try to launch a playlist, you eith er get the error message I mentioned or a blank screen or empty playlist.

I don'r understand why the android tablets can't or don't access the playlists like other devices do, and there are many more MP3 players out there than Android computer-phones; if it is supposed to be possible, why I can't find the documentation or it.