Which CM version to install and clarification [Lenovo Ideatab A2109]

_SK7

Mar 28, 2016
Greetings All, first post here.

I bought my father a Lenovo A2109 years ago, and as you may have guessed, it's running terribly slow these days. I've been running CM on my HP touchpad for years with no issues and would like to get something similar going on his Lenovo tablet. After reading through countless threads here and other referenced sites, I seem to have hit a wall. Here's where I am atm:

Debugging On, ADB working, Fastboot working. Bootloader is unlocked.

I need some advice on a nice stable rom to use and some clear instruction on the rest of the process. I'm basically just wondering what to download, to extract or not, and where to put it. And what commands (thru Win cmd) to execute the process.

The tablet has 4.1.1 on it currently with all the bloatware. If there is anything else that you need info-wise let me know.

Thanks in advance
-Steven

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
CM12.1 is on feature parity with CM11 at this point so you should have no issues with using CM12.1.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
CM12.1 is on feature parity with CM11 at this point so you should have no issues with using CM12.1.
But minus video conferencing (Skype), there's this one bug. CM11 does support video calling with Skype.