Which is the best tablet for under $200?

caoimhin58

Apr 8, 2012
Hi folks....new to the site...so please go easy on me!
I am looking to buy my daughter (who is 8-9 years old) a 7-10 inch tablet. She uses my laptop/pc to surf the internet, watch films, listen to music, play games occassionally etc. I would love to get her something which is current, that I won't have to update 'next week!' I hear loads of differing arguments whenever someone recommends one tablet, another person says its crap...I've had enough of that. I would love some suggestions for a tablet that will grow with her, she can use now and 2-3 years from now. I would also like it to have HDMI, USB, mini USB etc etc.
An Ipod is out of my price range, as are the likes of the Samsung, Acer etc.....my price range would be about $200 delivered.
Many thanks for all your help....I always rely on help from expert forums such as this one before purchasing technology.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I'm sure you will get some good suggestions here for tablets. Instead of suggesting a specific model I want to reset your expectations bar. Tablets are not like pc's and you can't expect a tablet to still be useable 2-3 years from now. Particularly for 8-9 year old. Technology moves to quick and the hardware will be outdated before then with the current pace of things. A more realistic expectation particularly for a tablet in that price range is 1 year, 2 years tops. If it was for you and it was mainly for email, internet surfing and reading those tasks wouldn't really strain a device any more in the future than now. A young person is going to expect more from the device as they become more sophisticated and you are going to more than likely need to upgrade. In another year or two tablets should be cheaper and significantly better though and then last a little longer.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi folks....new to the site...so please go easy on me!
I am looking to buy my daughter (who is 8-9 years old) a 7-10 inch tablet. She uses my laptop/pc to surf the internet, watch films, listen to music, play games occassionally etc. I would love to get her something which is current, that I won't have to update 'next week!' I hear loads of differing arguments whenever someone recommends one tablet, another person says its crap...I've had enough of that. I would love some suggestions for a tablet that will grow with her, she can use now and 2-3 years from now. I would also like it to have HDMI, USB, mini USB etc etc.
An Ipod is out of my price range, as are the likes of the Samsung, Acer etc.....my price range would be about $200 delivered.
Many thanks for all your help....I always rely on help from expert forums such as this one before purchasing technology.

Hi caoimhin, for tablet PC under $200, the Ainol novo 7 Aurora will be the best choice! It's for $169.99 shipped in our site, and it will be available on 19th April with official android market preinstalled, come with complete English manual, English apps, English packing. Good luck! :)

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Ainol. Elf is also a good choice. Its got all the aurora has minus ips screen. Its still multi touch capacitive (a must these days for a lot of games). Mcbub, spemall, redtablets etc are pretty good sellers as they offer support on this forum. I've just got an ainol paladin for my son & tho' I've heard very mixed reviews I'm hoping I can sort out any minor issues for him ( touch wood!:) ). I know this won't keep him happy for long as you've already heard, as soon as you've got the latest new toy, its old news a short time later. There are lots of tabs out there to choose from & its a minefield trying to get the right one. Also android 4 is still incompatible with a lot of apps( hopefully not for too long) so maybe a honeycomb (android 3.2) may be worth considering. Good luck.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet