Which one of these is proving reliable??

SCTony

Nov 6, 2012
I am not certain, but I am thinking the P804 is the S2- they have the same specs from all I have seen. The S2 caught my eye too and I am waiting on one from Merimobiles. It will be my first Android device (...when it comes, ...assuming the screen is not damaged, ...and I can charge it). Merimobiles does not appear to include the factory wall charger nor the earbuds with the S2 according to MM website.

cognus

May 26, 2011
ah. you're right. appears to be same.
I look forward to your 'unboxing'.

I am not certain, but I am thinking the P804 is the S2- they have the same specs from all I have seen. The S2 caught my eye too and I am waiting on one from Merimobiles. It will be my first Android device (...when it comes, ...assuming the screen is not damaged, ...and I can charge it). Merimobiles does not appear to include the factory wall charger nor the earbuds with the S2 according to MM website.

JamesP

Apr 6, 2011
Both my AOC Breeze MW0731 and MW0831 perform quite well; with the MALI 400 and IPS on the MW0831, I am very happy save for the lack of a rear facing camera.

SCTony

Nov 6, 2012
I received my S2 Monday, so I have used it a few days now. I am very happy with this tablet- it is very responsive and smooth. Photos, videos, Google Maps all display clearly and swipe back and forth quickly and smoothly. The wifi has been working great so far- I have yet to test it outside. I tested it with PassMark and got 2138/2103 average= 2120. AnTuTu scored 11832. It did come with a wall charger(2 amp) and earbuds(low quality). The only ding I have so far is that the display reflects a lot of background images, but I don't know if that is common to most tablets as this is my first. I am very satisfied with the S2 at this point. There is a new post titled "pipo s2 no longer runs off battery" where he (user12) says his 2-week old S2 seems to have quit charging the battery. I am watching that thread to see where it leads.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2013
I have a PiPO S2 on order as well. I wish the vendor would get around to shipping it... This'll be my 5th android tablet and my second rk3066 and if the S2 performs as well as my previous one, it should be near-as-makes-no-difference to the nexus 7 in all but hardcore 3d games. For example, my nexus could run dead trigger on very high everywhere. My rk3066 could run on very high everywhere but the graveyard levels where i got some stutter. I actually thought the rk3066 was smoother for web browsing but that might just be a bloatware thing

keswan

Feb 5, 2013
I now have an S1 after having TWO Coby Kyros MID7048's stop working on me in less than 3 days (apparently they sent out a big batch with faulty chargers that fried the tablets) and have not had any problems with it (so far), am looking for information on rooting it, I have several years working in UNIX/LINUX (sys admin) so know my way around the OS just need to get into it. I would love to be able to get rid of the volume and screen capture icons on the task bar (they are on all the time).

acoustiq

Oct 11, 2012
I have the Pipo U1 Pro [actually, it's rebranded as Vonino SpeedStar S HDMI, but I'm using a Pipo ROM from TopNotchTablets + CWM recovery] and I haven't had any of the problems others have mentioned. No flickering screen, no display problems, no loops, no crashes. The only thing I don't like about it is the battery indicator which is not all that accurate [might be a firmware issue, not sure it's the hardware's fault], but the actual battery life is quite decent.
I've used it for about 6 hours with wifi and bluetooth on, 50% backlight. I was using bluetooth for a GPS receiver [Nokia LD-3W] with iGo Primo and WiFi for TuneIn Radio with the wireless router I keep in the car - no problems whatsoever. Cheap, good finish and solid performance. But maybe I got lucky with a good sample :)

Oh yeah, the cameras suck, but I don't care at all. I'll never take pictures with a tablet [seems dumb in my opinion] and I don't use skype or whatever...

One last thing - it takes a good 3-4 hours for a full charge, but I don't care about that, I use it mostly in the car. The first charge took about 7 hours which is no big deal, just leave it overnight.

Just my 2 cents.