Which one to get? Zenithink or Yuandao? Newbie needs help!

cruisin11

Jun 3, 2012
Hi All,
Very new to tablets. I haven't got one yet. I am looking at 2 but do not know which one to get. One is the Zenithink ZT280 C91 upgrade 10" Android 4.0.3 with 7000aH battery (or maybe C92 by the time I get to buy one!); and the YuanDao N90 Dual Core2 9.7" IPS screen 1024 x 768 DPI, 16GB 800aH battery; both with capacitive screen. I am very confused as I have been looking for a good tablet for about a month and the specs seem to change almost daily!
There may be better ones but these are both around $200A which suits my budget.

Also, is there somewhere one can go to learn the lingo? I am afraid there are so many words that I do not understand about these tablets! eg single core, dual core; ICS vs honeycomb or gingerbread; Cortex A9 or A8 etc etc?:confused:

Thanks in anticipation!

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi All,
Very new to tablets. I haven't got one yet. I am looking at 2 but do not know which one to get. One is the Zenithink ZT280 C91 upgrade 10" Android 4.0.3 with 7000aH battery (or maybe C92 by the time I get to buy one!); and the YuanDao N90 Dual Core2 9.7" IPS screen 1024 x 768 DPI, 16GB 800aH battery; both with capacitive screen. I am very confused as I have been looking for a good tablet for about a month and the specs seem to change almost daily!
There may be better ones but these are both around $200A which suits my budget.

Also, is there somewhere one can go to learn the lingo? I am afraid there are so many words that I do not understand about these tablets! eg single core, dual core; ICS vs honeycomb or gingerbread; Cortex A9 or A8 etc etc?:confused:

Thanks in anticipation!

Hi cruisin11,the Yuandao N90 II is comes with dual core and IPS display, better than the Zenithink ZT-280 C91 upgrade and Zenithink ZT-280 C92, but the zenithink C91 Upgrade and C92 are also have good reputation and they're cheaper than the Yuandao N90 II. so, think about what's your needs.
And basically, dual-core is better than single core, and ICS, honeycomb and gingerbread, means android OS version: Android 4.0 ICS, Android 3.2 Honeycomb, Android 2.3 Gingerbread...
Hope you'll get what you want soon! :)

Last edited:

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
I've been using an Upgraded Zenithink C91 for 5 months now. My wife has an Idolian TouchTab 10 (Same tablet, different name). Three of my friends have bought C91 tablets. We are all as happy with our tablets now as on the day we got them.

I have the opportunity to view, use, and work with several brands of tablet, in solving people's problems. These include XOOM, Le Pan, Asus, Acer, Lenovo and Ipad. The C91 composes very favourably with of them.

The C91 was inexpensive, had very good build quality, came well configured, has a great firmware upgrade path, much better and easier than some I might add.

Before I got the C91, I had had a ZT-180. The difference between the two is like the difference between a child's drawing and the Mona Lisa. As I said, I have a C91. Would I buy another? Absolutely! In fact, for the future, I would look to Zenithink before buying any tablet.

Rob

Last edited:

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
hi, i highly recommend the yuandao, its a great tablet. i have recently received one from this supporting vendor & also recommend them highly for their honesty, reliability & quality of product, no oem copy tablets, only genuine branded goods, excellent after sales service & friendly helpful staff will help you decide which is best for you. i cant speak for the zenithink but i know the yuandao is very good indeed. good luck.

RK3066 Dualcore Tablet PC YuanDao N90 Dualcore (Window N90 Dual Core) RK3066 Dualcore Tablet PC YuanDao N90 Dualcore (Window N90 Dual Core) [YD90D] - $257.99 : China Tablet PC - Android Tablet PC - Consumer Electronics Goods

londongirl

Aug 19, 2012
Hello,

Also a newbie who would greatly appreciate some help!

I've been an android phone user for some time, and my laptop is aging so am realising that I need something portable to take round that can take the bumps of daily life if I want to keep the laptop running for some time to come. I figured a tablet was the way to go, and I'll want to use it for browsing, pdf viewing, streaming netflix sometimes and the occasional game, but nothing too graphic intensive (the ubiquitous Angry Birds and Stick Cricket are my current favourites on my phone).

Initially I was thinking the Ainol Elf II would be the way to go, but I already have an HTC One S and figure the Elf's screen isn't that much bigger so I would probably still be turning to my laptop for general browsing etc. If this isn't the case, and 7" generally suffices, please let me know...

The two, then, that I came down upon were the ones the OP also did: the Zenithink C91 upgrade and the Yuandao/Window N90 II. With a pretty small price difference, it seems clear that I should go with the N90 as it's dual core and has an IPS screen. On the other hand, it seems that Zenithink is a much more reputable company, and gives more support etc. I'm also aware that although the N90 has much higher specs, maybe what the way I'll use it won't actually need the extra power/be impacted by it at all. Also, I don't seem to find a dedicated place for discussion here around the N90, so figure that the C91 is maybe a safer bet as there is a bigger community around it. I would love to understand android-related things a lot more, and have been poking about here for a few days to try to get to grips with rooting, ROMs and so forth. I think I'd be able to manage, but this is also a consideration for me if one would require much more tinkering.

I'm finding it really difficult to choose between the two, and was wondering whether anyone had any input that might be of help in my decision? While they are both relatively cheap tablets, I realise, it's still a sizable purchase for me, so I want to get it right and can't really afford to buy one only for it to fail after a short period of time. Ideally, I'd like to keep it going for at least a few years.

Thanks in advance for any help and expertise that you could offer me!

londongirl

Aug 19, 2012
Thanks for your response, rawin. I think that a 10" is preferable for me, though, as I will use it primarily to surf and stream things, as well as view PDFs for work.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Thanks for your response, rawin. I think that a 10" is preferable for me, though, as I will use it primarily to surf and stream things, as well as view PDFs for work.

Hi londongirl, i think the latest Zenithink C97 with dual-core processor & IPS screen will perfectly meet your demands, it's instock in our site for ONLY $209.90 Shipped! welcome to order! :)
PS. the Yuandao N90 II dual-core is also instock in our site for $219.90 shipped! :)

londongirl

Aug 19, 2012
Hi londongirl, i think the latest Zenithink C97 with dual-core processor & IPS screen will perfectly meet your demands, it's instock in our site for ONLY $209.90 Shipped! welcome to order! :)
PS. the Yuandao N90 II dual-core is also instock in our site for $219.90 shipped! :)

Thanks for your response! I had missed that one in my searchings. Do you think the C91 would serve the purposes I need, though, or would it start struggling quite quickly? I keep pushing the budget up thinking that "it's worth the extra $xx" but eventually I would quite like to stop on something that has all the specs I need, even if I could get something better for a little more.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011

Thanks for your response! I had missed that one in my searchings. Do you think the C91 would serve the purposes I need, though, or would it start struggling quite quickly? I keep pushing the budget up thinking that "it's worth the extra $xx" but eventually I would quite like to stop on something that has all the specs I need, even if I could get something better for a little more.

Hi Londongirl,
Yes, actually, the Zenithink C91 Upgrade can meet all your demands. i think it's enough for your daily use.
It seems that you're a very light user, so, the zenithink c91 maybe a better choice for you! and it's for ONLY $179.99 shipped in our site, welcome to order! :)

asingh786

Jul 7, 2012
I got burned buying 2 china tablets, I would say save your money and get something branded. Atleast you won't suffer from the heartache. For the price range that your looking at, you can easily get a 9-10inch tablet with a lot more features including GPS which most china tabs even in this price range lack. Look at 1saleaday.com, they have these deals all the time.

londongirl

Aug 19, 2012
Hiasingh786, thanks for your advice. Hadn't come across that website before, will certainly keep a close eye over the next few days - I've always stuck to branded products before, so this probably isn't a time to change that...

asingh786

Jul 7, 2012
Hiasingh786, thanks for your advice. Hadn't come across that website before, will certainly keep a close eye over the next few days - I've always stuck to branded products before, so this probably isn't a time to change that...

I just realized you are from the UK, I don't think they ship outside of states but I'm sure there must be other alternatives like UK stores or individual sellers on ebay..to be honest if it were up to me I wouldn't even mind paying extra tax to get a good tablet especially after the experience I've been through..