Which Power bank for tablet

Sheehan1

Jun 25, 2013
I live in Australia and want to buy a good quality power bank for my Google Nexus 7 tablet. I have done a bit of research on the internet and apparently you need at least a 5700ah output.
Other articles make it clear that there are a lot of products out there claiming all these specifications but some of them are using refurbished batteries to lower costs and make more profit. Like all cheap products you see on places like Ebay sometimes you only get what you pay for. So I am a bit sceptical about buying some of the cheapies you find there. Some names of brands that seems to be ok that I found on my reseach include Anker, Xtorm and Mycharger. I am not sure that all these are readily available in Australia.
Does anyone have any experience with some good power banks that might be available in Australia?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Anker is a very good and trusted brand. They stand behind their "stuff.

Sheehan1

Jun 25, 2013
Thanks Leeshore
I just had a look and they are distributed by Amazon and they dont ship to Australia. Any other reliable brands

Sheehan1

Jun 25, 2013
Well did a bit more research. Scary!!!!Power banks from China with bags of sand inside to make them weigh more. Some with metal bolts for the same purpose. Some using previous used and discharged batteries. Some units were opened and show different brands and colours of batteries inside. Turns you off buying anything from China or off the internet. Also forged known brands being sold as originals. Wow.
Well after further research there is an Australian company selling a Sony USB Portable power charger which outputs 7000ah and uses Li-polymer batteries which I see recommended for AUD$89. Pretty pricey but I think I will pay the price and at least I know I got something genuine that will last.