Why can`t I connect to Samsung Kies?

raffer

Jun 16, 2012
Just bought my first Tablet - Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Wi-Fi but despite trying with both Wi-Fi and USB Cable I can`t make a connection
with Samsung Kies in order to tansfer files. Does anyone know if they are compatible or perhaps wheat I am doing wrong.
I am an elderly and very non-technical person so any advice will be extremely welcome

Many thanks

George

smethrony

May 5, 2012
I make sure debugging mode is not turned on in phone settings thats usually the issue. Second choice is that use a local administrator account on your PC and Use the USB cable that came with your phone. Then after Plug it into a USB port on the PC, not on a USB hub. I hope your problem will be solved.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi George, welcome. I am not familiar with Kies but I'll move this to the Samsung section where more people might be familiar with the issue.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Personally I always though Kies was reserved for updating Samsung phones via USB and that;s the only thing I have ever use it for.

Do you get any reaction from the computer when you plug the tablet in?

ricky0702

May 12, 2012
Have you ever used Samsung Kies Air which is WiFi based PC and Samsung Android phone sync application.
Someone extracts the Kies Air app from Galaxy S 2 and uploaded to share.check this tutorial

glussier

Sep 16, 2011
Kies air is available on the Google Play store, no need to extract-it from any other device.