why is my tablet, lenova 2109 crashing and going so slow?

kevinpost

Jan 10, 2015
For some reason, by tablet seems to be crashing. I am not sure what to do. Should i try to remove some things or what. I really need some help. thanks, kpost

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It's really difficult to answer your question without more information.

How old is the tablet? Have you installed a lot of apps? Did this happen over time, like since it was new? Is there a particular app that's running slowly or the tablet in general. (Answer the other questions before the last one).

kevinpost

Jan 10, 2015
My wife just said that it was about 3 years old. yes, it seems to have happened over time, i guess. It seems like the myfit app takes forever to put things into it. I am not sure how to get rid of apps either. I do have an avg virus and anti malware program that i run every now and then. thanks for the help. kpost

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
OK then. If you want to uninstall apps go to the settings menu, the app manager, then downloaded, (those are the ones your installed) then select whichever apps you want gone and there should be a button upper right to uninstall them.

The is also an app called CCleaner on the Store site that may help clean out some old cache.

At 3 years old your most difficult but best route would be to save the data/media somewhere else and do a factory reset.

kevinpost

Jan 10, 2015
ok, could i just make a folder on my computer then somehow pull off my tablet information, then reset it. Then all i have to do is put the stuff back on, correct? Won't the bad stuff just go back onto my tablet? kpost

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Yes and no. There are several ways to do what you are asking. I suggest getting AirDroid from the Store and use it to transfer your media to folder on the PC. But there isn't an easy way to get the data that's associated with the apps. But you can get the music, photos etc. You also may want to check out iDrive which is a great on-line backup.

If you do a factory reset only (re)install the apps you need and it will be much better. Android tends to accuulate junk that slows the devices down over time. All that junk will be gone after the reset.

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
I've reset my 2109, twice.
Kept a file on my PC with all my media files and anything else that would be lost with a reset.
Don't know why, but the problems that I was having with things like Chrome freezing up, continued after the reset.
Could be the lack of support that Lenovo gave the device. Its a good device that could have been better with proper support.

Have yet to fully grasp the "rooting and flashing custom ROMs" but that may be where I'm heading with mine.

kevinpost

Jan 10, 2015
is the iDrive to be put onto my laptop? What about the AirDroid? Where do i put them? kpost

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
AirDroid is an app for Android that allows you to access the tablet on your network, using your PC and a browser.iDrive is also an app and does a very decent job of backing up your tablet, including some of the apps and some of the associated data. It's one of the best I've used short of rooting the tablet and using Itanium Backup.

gtd2000

Jan 16, 2012
I've always found my A2109 to be sluggish from day one, I mainly use it to watch videos these days. Everything else is a bit of a chore to be honest.

I'm sure (in my case) it's ROM related rather than hardware, as the first time I did a factory reset it did improve things somewhat.

Still a pig compared to other devices that I use though. :(

kevinpost

Jan 10, 2015
I wish I would have known about the sluggish issues before i purchased mine. Thanks, a little late.. kpost

nascar59

Apr 20, 2014
I wish I would have known about the sluggish issues before i purchased mine. Thanks, a little late.. kpost
hi Kevinpost mind was sluggish too, so use Mcl630 rom and find that my A2109A run so much better less app and run quicker too but that's my Android yours may vary and you get the this rom from here i suggest you read what it does here http://www.androidtablets.net/threads/rom-stock-jelly-bean-rooted-deodexed-crapware-removed.51557/ hope it does to you has what it did to my A2109A a reborn tablet i think very good to be 2 yrs old,Ray

gtd2000

Jan 16, 2012
I think I'll have to give that Mcl630 ROM a try then...I could throw my tablet out the window some days...

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
Well, enough is enough. As much as I hate it, it's either another reset or use it for target practice...
giphy.gif