Why so slow ?

FlyDroid

Apr 25, 2011
So I have been messing with this tablet and one thing that has bugged me from the start is how slow, or "sluggish" it is while doing certain tasks. One task is playing Angry Birds.
When I play this same game on my sons iTouch, it is far better than on this tablet.
If you pull a bird back and release it, it just lags compared to when I do the same on an iTouch. Whats the deal with that ? Can this be fixed ?

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Well this is because of a number of things, mainly because of the ARM 11 processor. It may be clocked faster, but the iPod uses its resources a lot better so it seems faster. Try the galaxy tab and then play Angry birds :)

FlyDroid

Apr 25, 2011
So what your saying is probably just going to have to deal with it ?
I should have done more research I think about all these tablets.
While for the most part this is a great tablet, things like this are sort of a let down. I guess this also means that after watching a movie for about 30min or so it will start to have playback issues like jitter ... I have yet to watch a full movie so I guess I will have to do that and see what happens.

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Have you installed the latest Tim 4c ROM? Much faster.
Also, to make it faster, close all other applications before you open angry birds. Best way to do this is with an app like 'Advanced Task Killer'.
CPU on this device is currently set to 800MHz out of possible 1GHz. We are all waiting on manufacturer to release kernel source or a rom that allows clocking this back up to full.
So what your saying is probably just going to have to deal with it ?
I should have done more research I think about all these tablets.
While for the most part this is a great tablet, things like this are sort of a let down. I guess this also means that after watching a movie for about 30min or so it will start to have playback issues like jitter ... I have yet to watch a full movie so I guess I will have to do that and see what happens.
This is the top selling tablet after iPad, and at 1/3 the cost its excellent value for money as it does more than an iPad could ever do. Sure, if you got money to spend there are much better alternatives out there, personally i dont think a tablet device is worth spending $500+ on.
I have watched full length movies, also using HDMI out. No jitter, no problems.

FlyDroid

Apr 25, 2011
I have yet to do a custom firmware. I just dont know what one I should do. I assume that all new ones have previous firmware fixes added in them ?
Also. I heard about the task killer. I just don't know what ones I should kill and which ones need to stay active.

I agree paying hundreds of a tablet is not really worth it. I mean might as well just use a laptop.

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Use Tim 4c. Its the best so far imho.
Task killer: kill everything. dont need to keep anything running.

FlyDroid

Apr 25, 2011
Ok Im going to go with 4c
I notice a warning about backing up my tablet first. Is this something I need to do or not worry about it since I have not really done anything but add a few apps ?
If I do need to backup, how do I do that ? I cant find any instructions.

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Ok Im going to go with 4c
I notice a warning about backing up my tablet first. Is this something I need to do or not worry about it since I have not really done anything but add a few apps ?
If I do need to backup, how do I do that ? I cant find any instructions.

Use titanium backup. That will back up your settings and apps. It takes a little while to figure out but it's completely worth it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk! Eat that Apple!

FlyDroid

Apr 25, 2011
It appeasrt hat in order to use Titanium Backup I have to be rooted. I have done nothing of the sort to this tablet.
Is there any other way or should I just not worry about it since I only have a few apps installed and can always re-enter info for Wi-Fi and Gmail

colin59

May 18, 2011
So I have been messing with this tablet and one thing that has bugged me from the start is how slow, or "sluggish" it is while doing certain tasks. One task is playing Angry Birds.
When I play this same game on my sons iTouch, it is far better than on this tablet.
If you pull a bird back and release it, it just lags compared to when I do the same on an iTouch. Whats the deal with that ? Can this be fixed ?

well am on my 2nd tablet in a week the first was a flytouch 3 and i think the same very sluggish the i ordered a herotab or mid or one of all the other names they use for it and omg what a difference cristal clear vids pictures and feels and looks like a apple ipad even the screen feels more like glass and it makes the flytouch look like a 5 year old`s toy,but the herotab just lags a bit when browsing vids on youtube,,,,I think i will use the flytouch for a coaster or door stop now lol,,,,good luck with it lol