Wi-Fi problem with Galaxy Player 4.2

timgtech

Jun 2, 2012
I'm having an issue with my new Galaxy Player 4.2. I can connect to a Wi-Fi nextwork that is unsecured with no problem. I can connect to a network that is secured with WPA/WPA2 with no problem. But when I connect to network using WEP it will connect but there is no internet. It shows connected, excellent signal, and shows the IP. But when I surf the web it goes nowhere. It says it can't find the page etc....

Any idea or help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
If this is just one particular WEP network, it's probably because the signal is very weak. That happens to my tablet when i connect to a weak signal. I connect, but can't go anywhere. If it happens to all WEP connections I don't know what you can do to fix it, sorry:(. Hopefully, someone else will be able to help.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
WEP security has been a hit and miss with the Android OS. I think the people who have had it work were using a different WiFi router from those who didn't but I have no actual evidence. I can say that fewer people have issues connecting when they aren't using WEP.Honestly WEP is so weak in the first place that if it's your home based WiFi I would just switch rather than fight. ;)