Wifi connection failure

PumpkinUK

Dec 5, 2014
Hi all, my tablet has developed a connection problem with the home internet only. It connects for 0.5sec then says secured again but keeps trying.
I have tried switching the wifi on and off, restarting the tablet, restarting the wifi, got tablet to 'forget' it and reconnect - only for the problem to continue. The tablet connects to other saved networks which seems to indicate the wifi yet other wifi connecting gadgets at home have had no problem?
Any ideas of what the issue is and what to do about it please?!
Thanks in advance...

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

The problem does seem, by your explanation, to be your router. Look for a firmware update for the router. Also try inputting a fixed IP and foxed DNS in your home connection on the tablet. I have some other tips you'll find in a link below.

PumpkinUK

Dec 5, 2014
Thank you for your reply Leeshor and your link to the rather good master list of Useful Things to Try! Excellent idea :) However, I'm not good with computers or terminology sorry - what you mean by the terms fixed IP and foxed DNS? I've no idea where to start :-/

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If you long press the connection it should bring you to an advanced settings page. In that section you would input your local IP address and DNS information. It may be in the forum of 192.168.1.x. If you are on a PC you can foind out what addresses you use by going to a command prompt, (run - CMD) then type in IPCONFIG and hit enter. It will display your IP range and gateway information. ipconfig /all will also display your DNS which may be something like 192.168.1.1

PumpkinUK

Dec 5, 2014
Many thanks Leeshor for your help. I am finally back online - checked more things suggested but it came down to doing a backup and complete reset. Still no idea what caused it to throw a wobbly but it's happy now!
Very best wishes for the New Year :)