WiFi Problems With CM7 (on SD card) on Nook Color

Nov 22, 2011
Hi,

I'm new to all this, so I apologize for my ignorance here, but I have a WiFi problem after installing CM7 (latest stable, 7.1.0, mid-October build).

• WiFi (home network) worked fine when I first started using CM7 on my Nook Color
  • Installed a bunch of apps and was trying to learn the OS
  • Somewhere along the way, my WiFi stopped working (says my AP is "out of range" - 6 feet from an 802.11n router)
  • My laptops connect ok showing a strong signal (so it isn't my network)
  • Re-entered my AP as if I were adding a new connection - this worked FOR A WHILE but later lost WiFi again
  • Tried adding my AP again, did not help
  • I've rebooted numerous times, this does not help at all.
  • Removed my MicroSD card and booted in native Nook - WiFi works great. I've done this several times, WiFi always works fine with Nook OS.
  • One of the apps I installed is WiFi Analyzer - it WAS showing absolutely no signals....but I just started it up again and all of a sudden I'm seeing about a dozen hotspots and I'm now connected to my network. (I've been putzing with this for 2 days without seeing any signal or connection, but now all of a sudden it is working.
I was going to ask what I did to mess up my WiFi and how do I get it back. Well, I now have it back but have no idea why I lost it for 2 days. Can anyone tell me what caused this and to do if this happens again?

Thanks,
Infinityplustwo

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
See bullet #2. You most likely installed and app that was jacking up wifi. At some point (probably when you removed the card, booted stock and then rebooted the card) the app cache was cleared or some other action reset the app allowing wifi to work consistently again.

Nov 22, 2011
Hi J515OP,

I really appreciate the information, thanks.

A little after I wrote the above question, I powered the Nook off. When I powered it back on later in the day, the WiFi was dead again AND at least a couple of apps were missing (or at least the icons were gone) including WiFi Analyzer and Amazon Marketplace. The WiFi analyzer icon was missing but when I went into app manager, WiFi Analyzer was there.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving,
infinity

rmontrose

Nov 27, 2011
The same thing happened to me today. Over on Android Central I found a thread where when this happens (and apparently it happens to quite a few people), just remove all the WiFi entries in your list. On my device as soon as I removed the last entry, mine and my neighbor's WiFi nodes immediately appears and I was able to reconnect again.
I hope this helps!