Windows 7, 64bit: "Android Eclair does not have a driver"

alex5908

Jan 12, 2011
Hello everybody,
Today I've received Android 2.1 Tablet PC from China It works OK but I can't transfer files from my PC (Windows 7, 64 bit). The PC reads Android Eclair does not have a driver. I played with its settings for some time and all of a sudden the PC recognized it. The Tablet recognized my PC too. I could not transfer files though. I restarted the PC an now Disc Management recognises the Tablet but the Explorer does not see (recognise) it.
What is the solution to the issue?

stackoverflow

Jan 10, 2011
You don't need the driver, when you plug in your tablet will ask if you want mount for data transfer to pc. That's it on win 7th it shows your ad card as a removable drive. For more control over all the storage you need to root the device & go into debug mode.
You can if you want get the hang drivers from the android ask you need the full java ask as well.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

alex5908

Jan 12, 2011
The tablet does not ask me about mounting. Where can I find this function (mounting) in the Tablet? What are the "hang" drivers?

Last edited:

Darkasha

Mar 18, 2011
You don't need the driver, when you plug in your tablet will ask if you want mount for data transfer to pc. That's it on win 7th it shows your ad card as a removable drive. For more control over all the storage you need to root the device & go into debug mode.
You can if you want get the hang drivers from the android ask you need the full java ask as well.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Oh you ROCK. Thanks heaps for this info. I had my suspicions, however still being relatively new to this I wasn't 100% sure! :D