Windows 7 Lite for Dual Boot Viewpad 10

RckyBobby

Apr 2, 2011
HiI am also in the same boat as you are in. Would you please do me a favour. may be lets work together to solve it. I request you to make a "linux usb-boot disk". Using linux boot disk, Please copy all the files on to a separate USB. zip them and send them to me, or if you have a dropbox (you can open one) and send me a link. This will probably solve my grub and I will be able to guide through to restore your windows and androidstnx
you should be able to re-install the same version of android and select no when it asks if you want to format the disk, it should keep all the apps you already have downloaded, and it should restore your access to windows.

danzung

Jun 17, 2011
HI
Thanks for the reply, while I try to install, I get a message, unable to format and then it goes with a full length of linux boot sequence and hangs-up. If I use "boot from USB only and dont install" it goes very well.

On the other hand, I am unable to boot to windows also.

If I boot using linux (on a usb/sd card) and look into the partition, I can see all the files intact, including my saved files

I am confused. So, I thought I will clean install both but I am not sure how to do it (install grub....I dont exactly know about it...if some one can provide step by step process, I will sure be able to do it)

thanks again
dz

benzizbit

Mar 23, 2011
Guy's, I really like to have media center (that is part of a normal windows 7 home) - now I cant find a way to add it to this lite version, will love some help.

Thx

Last edited:

kanulondon

Aug 23, 2011
Hi All,
I just wanted to thank RckyBobby for compiling this version of Windows. I recently bought a viewpad 2nd hand and wanted to do a clean install of both Windows 7 and Android (2.2). I toyed with buying a new HD, but I instead decided to buy a 32GB MicroSD (£35) and increase RAM to 2GB (£15).
Thanks to the small install size of this version of Windows, I still have over 6GB free and that's after installing ALL UPDATES and various apps including Office 2007, MS Security Essentials, Adobe, Firefox, etc
I found the following link EXTREMELY helpful for installing everything from scratch, PLEASE USE the driver backup program first, I used Double Back and it worked flawlessly (however don't use restore! Just point windows to the driver location)

http://www.cartft.com/support_db/support_files/CTFPAD_Android_Win7_Installation_EN.pdf
Looking forward to using this Tablet now I've done all my installing. Also, looking forward to Android 2.3 or 3.0's I think it will be fairly easy to install in situ.
Keep up the good work
KL

pda963

Aug 23, 2011
ok I installed the lite version and thank you for putting this out there, but when it is done there is no WiFi or video driver, please help, how did you find the drivers.

bebear

Nov 20, 2011
i installed the lite version too but i not able to install IE9 to it. anyone can giv advise on this?

YOW

Jan 25, 2012
Thank-you RckyBobby!!!

The boot sector on my wife's Viewpad was fried, and the supplied recovery disk wouldn't fix it.

I downloaded your Windows Lite installer, and used "Option 2" to create a bootable thumb driver.

The installer let me reformat the SSD, re-create the master boot record, and re-install windows.

I found the required drivers on the Viewsonic Europe support site:

ViewSonic - Knowledge Base

Everything is working fine, and as a bonus we've saved an additional 5G of drive space as well.

Thanks Again!!
YOW

JonnyS

Aug 10, 2012
I've just got my VPAD10 and will be using it mostly for windows. Can I change the boot order list so it boots windows by default?

mr_shine

Nov 23, 2012
Just wanted to say thank you for this, I was shocked at the amount of space win7 took up on my hdd when I got my tablet from a friend, so thanks to you I now have 6.4gb (out of 12.8gb) free on C after installing all updates and I dumped the Android partition (since I found android kinda useless and I lost the bootloader) and have made that 2gb partition a swapfile :)

Edit: In fact I've just done some more fiddling with windows and managed to get my free space up to 7.97gb, can you tell I'm Happy? :D

Last edited: