wireless noob question

dmhmaestro

Sep 27, 2012
hello everybody!

im planing to buy this awesome gorgeous device but i have one thing on my mind, im from croatia, and im wondering can i somehow connect to internet via some program or something despite i dont have wireless hot spot somewhere, like, if i had sim card inside i could do that with the provider(for instant t-mobile) but there isnt sim card in the device, so what could i purchase so i have internet whenever i want it to, without some wireless hot spot unlocked somewhere... thanks!

p.s. could i buy microusb adapter that accepts sim card and do it that way?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

It's really difficult to find a USB to 3G adapter that will work on Android. I do have some info on that in a link below on getting connected with no WiFi but a good solution for home if you have Internet would be a mini WiFi to Ethernet router. There are several out there that work great in that situation.

dmhmaestro

Sep 27, 2012
Welcome to the forum

It's really difficult to find a USB to 3G adapter that will work on Android. I do have some info on that in a link below on getting connected with no WiFi but a good solution for home if you have Internet would be a mini WiFi to Ethernet router. There are several out there that work great in that situation.

So there isnt like some, micro usb adapter that fits in sim cards? that would be ideal

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
So there isnt like some, micro usb adapter that fits in sim cards? that would be ideal

There are a few but again, you would need the cooperation of a provider. I have a link below that has some suggestions for communicating without WiFi you might want to check.

tabs

Nov 30, 2011
I use a pocket wifi device that uses 3G with a service provider. I can connect 5 devices securely. Probably best way to go for you. Not sure what is available in Croatia, though. I am in Australa.

dmhmaestro

Sep 27, 2012
I use a pocket wifi device that uses 3G with a service provider. I can connect 5 devices securely. Probably best way to go for you. Not sure what is available in Croatia, though. I am in Australa.

thats it, i need that!

i found the real deal but its like 80 bucks, not very cheap
other thing i found is this Mini 3 modes 3G 150mbps Wireless WIFI Amplifier AP Pocket Mobile Network Router 4710700926390 | eBay

but i dont know if you can connect via wireless or you must connect lan

and what would i had to ask my provider for me to know that it supportable?

tabs

Nov 30, 2011
I would ask your service providers what they support before buying anything over the internet. They might have the solutions you are after on offer already.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I found this device that my carrier provides, http://sc.vip.hr/c/document_library/get_file?uuid=5f6239a8-34e6-40f7-acad-e309f19db6e7&groupId=11825

i dont know the price but you insert sim and it sends wifi... now im interested can i purchase same thing but not from provider, duo smaller price and still use it with providers SIM

My best suggestion is to check with the provider but it certainly is possible. If I remember correctly I have at least one WiFi router that accommodates a SIM listed in a link below re: communicating with no WiFi.

dmhmaestro

Sep 27, 2012
so today i realized that on my "USB internet stick" that have sim from my provider inside, and that i plug in my pc to connect to internet have antenna "whole" here is the picture

so im interested what do i need for it to work and send wifi to my tablet? and what is exactly the name of antenna i need?( so i could look it up on ebay) thanks!

i found antenna! http://www.ebay.com/itm/TS9-3-5dbi-...635?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f05cd3e9b

is this the way to go? will i be able to connect with this?

Attachments

• $v4t35u.jpg
    $v4t35u.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:

dmhmaestro

Sep 27, 2012
after all i am buying a 3g tablet for 460 dollars, but im not sure where is it SIM port because ive never seen picture or someone talking about it... is there? and where it is