wondermedia 8650 7 tablet

supa150

Aug 10, 2011
hi there could anyone please help me???

ive just bought a wondermedia 8650 tablet pc from a chinese website it says it woulld be compatible with a 3g dongle & i own a three zte mf627 dongle which works fine in my laptop but i cant get it to work in my tablet???

ive searched the net trying to find a solution & i dont want to buy other attachments ie another dongle is there any way i could change the setting so that im able to use the dongle???

any help would be great. thanx guys 7 gals

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi supa150, congratulations on the new tablet and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your question to the WonderMedia Based section where the folks who have tablets like yours are more likely to see it.

jrizal

May 25, 2011
Tap the 3G icon or go to Settings and select add 3G network. Select device and see if your model is supported. In my WM8650, the ZTE brand is not supported.

supa150

Aug 10, 2011
hi there thank you spider for moving my thread where it needs to be. also thanx for your reply jrizal i was messing about with it all nite trying to find a way i could use my three dongle its driving me mad the tablet doesnt support zte so i found a link of another website which told me use *99# in the device number then apn i put 3netacess but that still dint work. at my home i dnt have wifi so ideally need to use the dongle if i bought the correct dongle from say china how would i top up the dongle?

many thanx guys

supa150

Aug 10, 2011
thanx for your reply do you know what dongle/sevice i can use in the uk?
thanx

jrizal

May 25, 2011
The Huwawei modems should work in the UK as they use GSM and have the same 900/1800 bandwidths. The other modems listed in the WM8650 are CDMA based and are not compatible with GSM (obviously). Also read from other resellers that there are no workarounds for ZTE modems to work with the WM8650.

PS not familiar with services in the UK so I can't help you there. Borrow SIM cards if you can.