Wopad Capacitive Tablet

Dec 9, 2010
Hey guys,

Been doing a bit of research over the last couple of days and think I've decided on what tablet to get (need it for a Christmas present). I'm after the Wopad WR701Rockchip, which is proabably a little underpowered, but seems pretty good for a capacitive touch screen tablet pricewise, so until the better devices come out - it'll do for now.

Questions I've got - where is the cheapest place I can get it from, and preferably from somewhere reputable? I'll be shipping to NZ, and have had a look at merrimobiles, but would prefer not to get it from there as I think it'll be cutting it a bit fine timing wise (seem a bit pricey as well, but the Exchange rate for me isn't so great =/ )

On a side note - if anyone else has any recommendations for capacitive tablets in the 7-10" size (that isn't the Galaxy tab or Archos 70/101) then that'd be awesome too.

Cheers!
Wally

ovenwu

Nov 8, 2010
I suggest you can visit our website and see the more capacitive touch screen Tablet PC
7 inch iPhone 4 appearance Tablet PC Capacitive screen support multi-touch D10 [sku2270] - US$229.99 : CES-shopping
Capacitive Touch : CES-shopping

zarniwoop

Dec 2, 2010
Just ordered one from merimobiles.com, in stock and cheapest price I found US$189. Hope this helps.

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
The Wopad is nice because it has a capacitive screen but if you want performance you can find better units but with a resistive touchscreen. The tablet you choose depends on your need. For example you can't have Flash Player on Android 2.1 devices. You can find a comparison of different Android tablets at the link in my signature. Hope that helps.

Dec 9, 2010
Give the limitations of the CPU, do you think it'll ever get Flash?

Thanks for your replies everyone.

lady-momo

Dec 3, 2010
Hey guys,

Been doing a bit of research over the last couple of days and think I've decided on what tablet to get (need it for a Christmas present). I'm after the Wopad WR701Rockchip, which is proabably a little underpowered, but seems pretty good for a capacitive touch screen tablet pricewise, so until the better devices come out - it'll do for now.

Questions I've got - where is the cheapest place I can get it from, and preferably from somewhere reputable? I'll be shipping to NZ, and have had a look at merrimobiles, but would prefer not to get it from there as I think it'll be cutting it a bit fine timing wise (seem a bit pricey as well, but the Exchange rate for me isn't so great =/ )

On a side note - if anyone else has any recommendations for capacitive tablets in the 7-10" size (that isn't the Galaxy tab or Archos 70/101) then that'd be awesome too.

Cheers!
Wally
There's a 7" one on ecargoonline dot com, multitouch screen + gps + hdmi output + android 2.1 OS + 3G etc...

shenit

Jul 17, 2010
We are offering a special Christmas discount coupon. Just use this discount code XMASNY2011 and you can get it as low as $179.99.

Wopad Capacitive Touch Screen CT7001 RK2818 Android 2.1 Apad Android Tablet

Anyway we had placed order for a new 9.7 inches Freescale IMX515 A8 Cortex Android 2.2 tablet with IPS capacitive touch screen but we cannot make sure if it will be in time to arrived to you by Christmas. You may check out our blog. Initial pricing is estimated around $380

The Best iPad Clone Review: Android 2.2, Freescale Imx515 and 9.7

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
As djjinx1 said, if 400$ isn't to expensive you can buy the KinPad I600. It is one of the best shanzai tablets out there and also has phone functionality.

Dec 9, 2010
SIPS eh? Nice. Man, if only these devices came out a few weeks earlier...2011 is sure to be the year of Android!

irishwolfie

Dec 2, 2010
wopad looks great for now. it is also named suli sl-7. if you go to youtube, you'll see a better video of it. it is a pity about the flash limitations of android 2.1 but still...all in all good for now.

Squeeky4711

Dec 1, 2010
Ordered one from DHgate last week for my wife. As she really liked the screen of the iPad, I needed to stay capacitive. As the main purpose is web browsing, flash wasn't needed. Also who knows whats to come with 2.3 around the corner and no limitations on CPU. According to DHL tracking it should be here today, I'm more excitied then she is :) Gotta love new toys.

Li0nHeart

Dec 26, 2010
Let me know what you think - about to pull the trigger on two of these

I got mine on Friday.. ordered it from PandaWill. They say it's 1024x600.. it's not.. it is 800x480. Live Support won't believe me, so stay away from them.

Aside from that, it is a good tablet. The screen is bright and responsive. Everything works as expected. Market is installed. I'm happy with it.. just too bad I got a lower resolution.

I think it's a good buy.

steveb625

Dec 18, 2010
On the web site www-dot-szsuff-dot-com the screen spec says 1024x600. Most reviews say it is 800x400. I removed the actual links because it made the reply too difficult to read but the Wopad is easy to find on that site.

Last edited:

Li0nHeart

Dec 26, 2010
They sell another device exactly like the wopad but with 800x480
Probably both get named wopad

Sent from my TR718D using Android Tablet Forum App