xboxexperts root instructions

MISRy

Sep 4, 2011
(mods, could we make this sticky# 3?)

From xboxexpert:

This is a full blown rock your sox off root/cwm touch recovery script. Oh and did I mention Revert back to Factory Flashable Zip?

It will not only insert the correct strings in your user folder ./android directory but it will open up device manager and tell you step by step what to do from start to finish. It will also reboot your device a couple of times to complete the process. Get a towel from your bathroom because you will need to wipe your chin once this is finished.

Root/Touch Recovery for Stock US/UK ROM:
Step 1: Download the Zip file from my GoogleDrive
Step 2: Unrar the files attached to this post somewhere (DO NOT RUN THE FILES WITHIN THE ARCHIVE THEY NEED TO BE EXTRACTED!)
Step 3: Make sure you have ADB Debugging checked. To enable go to Settings > About > Click 8 times on Build number and back out to Settings it will be under the Developer menu.
Step 4: Run XESeroRootUS.exe (US VERSION) or XESeroRootUK.exe (UK VERSION)
Step 5: Follow instructions
Step 6: Look at your tablet while it installs superuser apk it may ask for verification by Google. Just accept.
Step 7: If it hangs at FASTBOOT please check to see if fastboot drivers are installed correctly!
Step 8: Profit :)

Want to revert back to Out of the box stock OS [ODEXED]?
[US ROM] Stock Sero 7 Pro Rom (P756.6.01.11.00) CWM Flashable zip
[US ROM] Stock Sero 7 Pro Rom (P756.6.02.11.00) CWM Flashable zip
NO TABLET UI FOR ODEXED DO NOT FLASH IT
Boot to CWM Touch Recovery (No USB Cord, Volume - and Power On)
Step 1: Wipe System
Step 2: Wipe Data
Step 3: Wipe Cache
Step 4: Wipe Dalvik-Cache
Step 5: Flash the zip located in above
Step 6: Reboot (Choose Yes to disable recovery flash and when asked if you want to root you can choose yes if you want to add the su bianary - see step 7)
Step 7 (optional): Once rebooted if you chose to root in CWM, download SuperSU from market then run it and update the binary to become rooted.

Want to flash a Deodexed version of the stock OS so you can build you own rom? Okay fine here you go!
[US ROM] Sero 7 Stock Rom (P756.6.01.11.00) [Deodexed]
[US ROM] Sero 7 Stock Rom (P756.6.02.11.00) [Deodexed]
[US MOD] Sero 7 Stock (P756.6.02.11.00) tabletUI [Deodexed]
[US MOD] Sero 7 Stock (P756.6.02.11.00) stockUI [Deodexed]

Anyone can feel free to use this zip to create their own ROM build it will flash and work 100% of the time.
Please test your work before you release to public!

Step 1: Flash the zip located above
Step 2: Wipe Cache
Step 3: Wipe Dalvik-Cache
Step 4: Reboot (Choose Yes to disable recovery flash and when asked if you want to root you can choose yes if you want to add the su bianary - see step 7)
Step 5 (optional): Once rebooted if you chose to root in CWM, download SuperSU from market then run it and update the binary to become rooted.
Step 6 (optional): Reboot to recovery and flash a tabletUI mod or battery mod

Want to flash a Deodexed version of the stock OS but keep your current data? Flash this ROM it will retain your data partition.
You can then boot into it once then flash a tabletUI and battery mod

[US ROM] Sero 7 Stock Rom (P756.6.01.11.00) [Deodexed/NOWIPE]
[US ROM] Sero 7 Stock Rom (P756.6.02.11.00) [Deodexed/NOWIPE]
[US MOD] Sero 7 Stock (P756.6.02.11.00) tabletUI [Deodexed]
[US MOD] Sero 7 Stock (P756.6.02.11.00) stockUI [Deodexed]
Anyone can feel free to use this zip to create their own ROM build it will flash and work 100% of the time.
Please test your work before you release to public!

Step 1: Flash the zip located above
Step 2: Wipe Cache
Step 3: Wipe Dalvik-Cache
Step 4: Reboot (Choose Yes to disable recovery flash and when asked if you want to root you can choose yes if you want to add the su bianary - see step 5)
Step 5 (optional): Once rebooted if you chose to root in CWM, download SuperSU from market then run it and update the binary to become rooted.
Step 6 (optional): Reboot to recovery and flash a tabletUI mod or battery mod

Fonts...fonts....fonts...Some games require two fonts that are not in STOCK. Below is the flashable font patch for games like Sims and Movie Star Planet
[US PATCH] XE-Sero7Pro-factory-4.2.1-fonts_patch (P756.6.02.11.00)

Oh I'm sorry you wanted the BEST ROM out for the Sero 7 Pro? Okay you asked for it, XE-SeroROM v².²:
Skip to Post 3

***NEW***
Holy **** my tablet is bricked! WTF, Xboxexpert you broke my ****!:
First off, no I did not. It is definitely not bricked you can not brick this tablet thanks to my scripts.
Step 1: Remove all USB Cables and Hold Volume up and Power from a off state, you will see FASTBOOT on the tablet screen. Let go of power once you see FASTBOOT!
Step 2: Provided you have a USB cable and a PC you can plug it in now and run the recovery.exe from within the folder where my root script is located.
Step 3: By the time you read this if you followed the instructions XERecovery.exe told you to do you should have access to CWM Recovery go install a ROM.

Changelog:

8/17
Revised of the Root script. UK exe is now available it will root your system & install CWM!

8/14
Revised (v²¹) of the Root script. UK exe is now available it will root your system but NOT install CWM, yet.

8/13
Revised (v²) of the Root script. Fastboot is now the primary for flashing CWM and Kernel.

7/30
Added a stockUI CWM Flashable zip for users that want to revert back to the stockUI from tabletUI

7/28
Revised the XESeroRoot script to include upgraded kernel and some fixes for the linux.sh root script. Now fully functional in Linux!
Updated Superuser.apk to latest version

7/27
Added Fonts patch for games that did not work correctly with out them

7/26-27/2013
Added CWM flashable STOCK zips for P756.6.02.11.00
Fully tested existing root scrip with P756.6.02.11.00 [WORKS]
Added tabletUI for stock DEODEXED CWM FLASHABLES ONLY!

6/15/2013
Added a deodexed stockOS that retains data partition for users who want to utilize the tabletUI but not flash my stripped rom

5/31/2013
Added fastboot recovery flash for broken/bricked tablets. I really don't understand how you brick this thing but the XERecovery.exe software will resolve it.

5/30/2013 PM
Added deodexed stock rom for people to build their own

5/30/2013 AM
Recompiled CWM Touch Recovery background image to include "compiled by xboxexpert" just so no one gets confused
Removed bootanimation from being changed when running batch for root

5/29/2013 PM
Uploading XE-SeroROM a completely debloated rom with some additional tweaks.

5/29/2013 AM
Added Fully Functional CWM Touch Recovery (If your already rooted you can just rerun the batch)
Removed the CM10 Bootanimation from the root script.
Added alternate root method if factory resetting from CWM!

5/28/2013
Added Factory Recovery zip

Last edited: