Xoom/Xyboard/Tab2/Transformer

AuD14

Nov 26, 2012
So the wife got her iPad and now I've got permission to get a tablet for Christmas! Using a Droid RAZR Maxx HD for my phone and have good experience with Motorola. Also looking at some of the cyber monday deals. Best Buy has new Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 for 299, Asus Transformer TF300 for 280. Ice Monkey has the 32GB Xoom + 4G for 230 and Xyboard 16 GB + 4G for 250 (both factory recert).

I know the Xoom and Xyboard have updates for ICS. They just recently announced the last updates for Xoom were out so that is a little sad but I imagine the dev support will continue to be very strong. The Asus has the nice keyboard thing that makes it like a laptop. Not leaning too strongly towards the Tab, but curious about your thoughts.

Thanks.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I feel your real logical choices, based on history and reviews would be the Galaxy or the Transformer. Both are better than the alternatives IMO. There is that keyboard option with the TF. I only use my keyboard 10-20 % of the time but when I do it's indispensable. The TF300 currently has Jelly Bean 4.1.1