Your thoughts on the ePad 2 Android 2.2 (512MB RAM), 1GHz 10" tablet

marcelol

Aug 6, 2010
Long answer

Because it's using a hack of a CPU that no one's really much supporting. The ZT-180 was a mish-mosh ARM 11 core CPU that was OC'd to 1Ghz. There's probably going to be next to zero support ( unless you can get in developing with those few folks who've already have one ).

At this point, I would say if you budget is <$300 then go with the Archos 70, it's capactive, and it's got a lot better chance of getting on-going community support. If on the other hand you have a few extra $$. Then I would recommend moving up to a Viewsonic GTablet, or wait a couple of months until the vendors get a clue, and start releasing WiFi only versions of their tablets.

No one in their RIGHT MIND, is going to buy tablets that require a 2Yr Contract, w/o having unlimited data access, and being sold at a price, that while subsidized, is still overpriced.

But, that's just me being market analyst.

SimulTALK

Feb 13, 2011
marcelol, that's great information. thanks. I'm looking at importing some of the epads from china for resell. I just got one to test and am working with it. I'm new to android tablets so I'm a little slow on the learning curve.
I will be selling them at $195. Do you think this is worth while for people to have this device at that price? It's a good way to break into the market and have a decent tablet for under $200. This is a 10" 2.2.
I welcome your thoughts on this.
thanks

Synaptix

Jan 15, 2011
I like mine, but my use is largely as a big thing to write on while I sit on airplanes. It does had Android 2.2, 512 mb and and 10" screen and android market. I can stick the charger into the socket on the plane so I don't care about battery life. I haven't used it for playing games or watching movies etc and I probably won't bother. My laptops all beat ANY tablet for those purposes - tablets are just an emerging technology and Android is still very immature. We're early adopters and we should be prepared to work with what we have rather than demand that it perform as well as a technology that has more than a decade of intense development behind it.

Another thing is just how the cost of it is going to affect you. My ZT-180 was basically play money for me and that money was replaced even before the tablet had arrived. So I can buy other tablets as they come around and I plan to. If it's going to be one and only tablet, I would look closely at how you're going to be using it Judging by your profile, it would just be one step in your technical history. You'll like the big screen for its resolution; you'll probably dislike it's clunky portability. But it works and if you can get comfortable somewhere, it's fun to have around.

mcamou

Oct 28, 2010
I would just say, avoid euogo.com like the plague. They don't stand behind their product, they sell shoddy stuff, and they will not return your money if it's defective. Find some other place to buy.

geekempire

Jan 17, 2011
Having tried S5Pv210 tablets, ZT180 v2 seemed to me like a cheap toy... nice 10" screen size powered by a small CPU..

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
Do not buy ZT 180 from *************** and do not use them as a drop-shipper! Terrible customer stories, no support!

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
I bought this one from chinagrabber thinking it was an upgraded flytouch 2, but I am pretty sure it is a Zenithink ZT-180v2. So far the only real problems I have found is when I take a screen shot the rotation is of by 180°. And on Angry Birds the text doesn't shhow up, but the game plays just fine.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
As an update, angry birds has startoed working perfectly.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Update: Most on-line stores are now selling this tablet at $179.

Rohan

Dec 13, 2010
I am checking out the ePad 2 that claims to be running Android 2.2 with 512MB (Flash enabled) 1GHz, 10" resisitive tablet. Has anyone had any experience with this tablet?

Recommend/not recommend... and why?

ref: New Ipad Killer Epad 2 with Android 2.2 OS, 512M RAM, Camera, Android Tablet PC support 3G Dongle - US$199.90 : Euogo.com

Hi, did you get to evaluate this unit firsthand? I have been reading around that the ZT180-based units do not support Flash10.1, comments?

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
After researching a bit it appears this tablet will not run flash, although quite a lot of listings says it does. From what I've read the ZT-180 chipset is not supported by Adobe.. hence no flash.

Can anyone else confirm this?

anoopch

Mar 21, 2011
After researching a bit it appears this tablet will not run flash, although quite a lot of listings says it does. From what I've read the ZT-180 chipset is not supported by Adobe.. hence no flash.

Can anyone else confirm this?

I have a device.. Epad.. It does not have flash. I have Updated to latest build from the manufacturer site...

Also Some people say its possible to run flash by using custom-baked roms..

However i don't recommend it..