Youtube app problems

Victony

Apr 5, 2012
Hey everybody, first time poster here! Is anyone having trouble with the actual youtube app itself. It takes forever to buffer videos especiaaly in HD. Ive got a good signal and router as well. Not rooted either. Any help would be most appreciated!

romiust

Apr 18, 2012
Hey everybody, first time poster here! Is anyone having trouble with the actual youtube app itself. It takes forever to buffer videos especiaaly in HD. Ive got a good signal and router as well. Not rooted either. Any help would be most appreciated!

I too have been having the same problem, wasn't like that the first time I used the application, but since day 2 it buffers forever. I have a refurb unit just purchased from woot. I wonder if you too have a refurb. I wonder if there is a fix. I have not heard any. But I can confirm that like you I have a strong data connection and the like. Everything is else is great (well my charging port is already loose) and I use the youtube app all day it was one of the main reasons I bought a tablet was to sit around and watch youtube but the constant buffering is horrible. And the low quality screen is unwatchable!

Oct 10, 2011
I haven't used the Youtube app since the Honeycomb upgrade but I guess the first thing to ask is how fast is your internet connection? Best way to find out would be to download the SpeedTest app from the play store. HD video can be very bandwidth hungry. A 15 minute 1080p video from youtube is about a 700 meg file. At least that was the file size of the Fender factory tour I downloaded from youtube in mp4 format and saved on my PC to show a friend. I saved it to the HD because it buffered forever streaming thru my lowly 1.5 meg internet connection.

Juxxize

Jan 11, 2013
I find the you tube app it's self pretty useless it's always crashing but i can't find a good alternative you tube app/ client