z4Root and the Galaxy Tab

ukyfan

Feb 23, 2011
OK, I can not seem to find a straight answer on this so I thought I would ask here. I have a Samsung Galaxy tab running 2.2, and I would like to root it, but I have heard where people have had issues running z4root on it causing it to lock up. I have it installed but having tried running it yet since I do not want to lock it up. Any suggestions?

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
OK, I can not seem to find a straight answer on this so I thought I would ask here. I have a Samsung Galaxy tab running 2.2, and I would like to root it, but I have heard where people have had issues running z4root on it causing it to lock up. I have it installed but having tried running it yet since I do not want to lock it up. Any suggestions?

First suggestion is that you provide the name of your tab's wireless carrier. The carriers have skinned their tabs differently such that some one-click root apps will work on one carrier's tab but not on the others.

Sent from my SPH-P100

tumbler1

Mar 7, 2011
I am in the same situation. Mine is Sprint SGT. I got my Z4Root installed and waiting for more suggestions.

ukyfan

Feb 23, 2011
First suggestion is that you provide the name of your tab's wireless carrier. The carriers have skinned their tabs differently such that some one-click root apps will work on one carrier's tab but not on the others.

Sent from my SPH-P100
Sorry, didn't even think of that. Anyway it is a Verizon tab.

MaxTcee

Oct 13, 2010

use superone click for all tabs just run kies (for android drivers ) on your pc then open superone click on your pc conect tab to pc and follow instructions

you can find link and more info here [APP]SuperOneClick v1.7 (Root, Unroot, Enable Non-Market App) - xda-developers

TuleenDonai

Apr 17, 2011
I used to use z4root until Sprint updated to 2.21. Then z4root quit working.

The page for SuperOnceClick mentions that it fails if you unroot and try to re-root your device. I like to leave my tablet unrooted unless I'm doing development.

Can anyone elaborate on whether or not this is still the case?