Zenithink c97 Update Problems, How to Root

rwpirani

Jan 15, 2013
I always thought KitKat was a Hershey product. But, after some research, I found that it's owned by Nestles, but licensed and made by Hershey in the US. But, it's just another silly name for a version of android. Why is everybody so sensitive and angry? Are they wanting to make a statement? I think it is a lot of over reacting. And, enough with the foul language posting. It degrading and disrespectful to those who read it.

rwpirani

Jan 15, 2013
Hopefully, the wifi issue will soon be resolved. It seems that when there's a new android version, the walls vibrate with controversy. Then, when the dust settles, all is well and back to normal. Just an observation.

rwpirani

Jan 15, 2013
I see Mr Troy has released a 12/7 update for cm11 4.4.1 Any info on having the wifi issue resolved so we can try the 4.4.1 on the C97 and the C93. I have a C97 and I believe you have both.

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
I see Mr Troy has released a 12/7 update for cm11 4.4.1 Any info on having the wifi issue resolved so we can try the 4.4.1 on the C97 and the C93. I have a C97 and I believe you have both.
No idea, I only know what's been posted, nothing more... Yeah, I have both the C97 (Zenithink sent) and the C93 H6_1f (F&LSuperstore sent), I am using ICS on both... CT has a C97 (F&LSuperstore sent)....

Last edited:

rwpirani

Jan 15, 2013
I was hoping to get a look at KitKat on my C97. But, I guess the wifi issue is a hardware problem that can't be fixed. But, CyanogenMod 10.2 really runs great on. Anyway, thanks for your supporting input

Korsarz50

Sep 16, 2014
I have a 7 "Zenithink C71A ( 1024MB +8 GB ) Android4.1.
Has only one button (ON). +/- Not have VOL.
How to upload [rom] CyanogenMod? What version? Help.
(C71A_E9_1GB_Android4.1_20130827_V1.5)

rwpirani

Jan 15, 2013
I've been away from this for many months. Has a KitKat or newer version for the zenithink C97 ever been released? Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Eros

Jun 4, 2015
Download and unzip this: C97_ICS_0910_omarahum_modified_Zenithink_ROM_updatedNov9th2012.zip

Download and rename this: C97.system.patch.zt280.tar.bz to just system.patch.zt280.tar.bz (remove the C97. from the front of the filename.) This has the G sensor update for games with tilt function like Temple Run... Place it in the zt-update folder that was unzipped from the first download.

Copy the zt-update folder to your FAT32 formatted sdcard, place the sdcard in your tablet while it's off, and then press and hold the Vol+ button while you press the power button to turn it on, release both once the tablet turns on and goes into sdcard flashing mode. Press the Vol+ key to accept to flash the spl, then the rest should be automatic... (It's just like flashing a stock Zenithink ROM.)

If some apps you want to use don't work correctly, I suggest you try CT's CM10.1 ROM.... http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/762...or-various-zenithink-amlogic-8726-mx-devices/
Thank you, after months of trying to unlock my paperweight C97 it is now a working tablet again. Appreciated.

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Thank you, after months of trying to unlock my paperweight C97 it is now a working tablet again. Appreciated.
thumbsup-thumbs-up-approve-ok-smiley-emoticon-000283-large.gif

rwpirani

Jan 15, 2013
I'm looking for some links to download and upgrade my zenithink C97, AMLogic 8726-MX, to the android lollipop. Searches for updates to the C97 hasn't shown any results. But, I am starting to find some update info on the AMLogic 8726-MX. The AMLogic 8726-MX appears to be running well android 5.0 or 5.1. I hope the update is similar to when I updated to JB. Can't wait to try it! Please, any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

6/20/15
I don't seem to receive responses anymore. I hope I haven't offended anyone. If so, please forgive me. I'm just an android novice. I love the challenge and am this to learn. Like I said above, any assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Last edited: