Zenithink c97 Update Problems, How to Root

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
I found this youtube video: "Flash Player For Android 4.2 & 4.3 Jelly Bean"

I installed it. To test it, I uninstalled the android Youtube app and went to the youtube website through the stock android browser. A video played without a problem. I also installed the ABC player for android and, again, it successfully played a TV show. I am not an R & D man, but it appears to be working ok. You, being an way more experience in android, can research this more to determine whether this is valid.

What changes are made when Mr. Troy does a "Updated upstream sources" in an android update?
Oh cool, last time I tried playing flash content from within the stock browser it would crash the app back to the desktop... So the video played inside the browser (Android/Desktop user agent), and didn't open the youtube app to play the video (iPad/HTML5 user agent)? The next update CT puts out for CM 10.2, I'll try it.... For now, I am using 10.1....

Changes made by CyanogenMod can be viewed here: Gerrit Code Review

Last edited by a moderator:

rwpirani

Jan 15, 2013
The 10/25/13 update has this instruction:
* Updated ALL comp-zips / zt-update folder (for c97/c93_1f)... Yeah, I know, there are A LOT of them... don't say anything...
How do I that on my c97?

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
The 10/25/13 update has this instruction:
* Updated ALL comp-zips / zt-update folder (for c97/c93_1f)... Yeah, I know, there are A LOT of them... don't say anything...
How do I that on my c97?
He's just telling you you need to redownload the zt-update and compatibility files since they have been updated for the 1025 ROM...
So you need to download:
Zenithink C97 zt-update rc4
Zenithink C97 rc6
ROM
singleuser
Gapps (full)

factory-reset
this (If you want USB Bluetooth for CSR dongles.)

Looks like he updated the kernel and I'm not sure what he updated in the compatibility file... I know last week he said he had to change the compatibility for the Zenithink tablets because HDMI out wasn't working with ro.vout.dualdisplay2=true and ro.vout.dualdisplay3=false in the build.prop, it needed to be switched to ro.vout.dualdisplay2=false and ro.vout.dualdisplay3=true

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Not sure if you were using the 2GB data mod kernel and recovery, but I did a 2GB data mod of the new 1025 kernel and recovery for the C97 if you need them - My Files

rwpirani

Jan 15, 2013
Yes, I user your 2gb data mod. Thanks. How's the Adobe flash player working for you?
Boy, the download site, Mediafire, is full of an annoying maze of pop up ads. Sometimes it's hard to get to the download.

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Yes, I user your 2gb data mod. Thanks. How's the Adobe flash player working for you?
Boy, the download site, Mediafire, is full of an annoying maze of pop up ads. Sometimes it's hard to get to the download.
I flashed the 1018 ROM last week, but I haven't gotten a chance to test stuff, I've only installed all my stuff back on it and set up the desktop screens with my widgets....

I only checked the HBOgo app, and it still doesn't work on CM10.2, it says my network is too slow and only streams the audio... I'll probably try 1025 sometime this week, and then flash back to CM10.1 or my ICS ROM...

rwpirani

Jan 15, 2013
OK, I downloaded all the files to the SD. Does I have to start from scratch with factory reset and all?

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
OK, I downloaded all the files to the SD. Does I have to start from scratch with factory reset and all?
I'm not sure, I think it depends on which ROM you are flashing from.... You could always try without the factory reset (just wipe the dalvik-cache in TWRP), and if when it boots up it doesn't work correctly, wipe the data partition.....

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Did you flash to 1025? Did you have to do a full wipe? How is it running?

rwpirani

Jan 15, 2013
I installed or flashed the 10-25 update, at first, w\o a full reset. It went smooth and appears to be running fine. The changes made in the update are too subtle for me to see a difference. Then I redid the update with a clean sweep just because I can and am only in this to learn.
I was wrong though, the adobe flash player do not work. I get incompatible errors. Thanks

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
I installed or flashed the 10-25 update, at first, w\o a full reset. It went smooth and appears to be running fine. The changes made in the update are too subtle for me to see a difference. Then I redid the update with a clean sweep just because I can and am only in this to learn.
I was wrong though, the adobe flash player do not work. I get incompatible errors. Thanks
How is the 1103 updated ROM? http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/892...-10-25/page__st__600__p__1089457#entry1089457 Any difference from the previous ROMs?

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Any news of android kitkat in the near future?
Not from Christian Troy:
[custom rom] CyanogenMod 10.2 (4.3.1) by ChristianTroy - update 2013-11-16 - SlateDroid.com - Page 33
nope, and I don't even think I will ever do it, not soon so just consider like if I'm never going to do it... BTW I can't really stand the KitKat thing and the Nestlè partnership (I'm not a conspiracy guy... but Nestlè... is one of the few brands I try to avoid because of the **** they did in Africa), and I don't understand what's the need of releasing an updated (and buggy according to N5 owners) OS when 4.3 was released in late July
rolleyes.gif