Zenithink ZT-180 Android Market Problem!

mentalernie

Oct 24, 2010
Hi!

I got my 10" Zenithink ZT-180 (Android 2.1) in the mail yesterday!

It works great, but I'm having a problem.

When I opened the Android Market (after making an account) I started to seek some programs such as Findit, Mozilla Firefox and so on.
When I click on the downloadbutton it doesn't work.
It just will not download...

My internet connection (wifi) is ok, and all the other features on the tablet work...

Can anyone help me out?

thanks

StepLaugh

Oct 24, 2010
I got it in yesterday, I've been doing some research and found out you have to download the latest firmware update 1014, but I have no idea how to format it to the tablet. I do need help on how to update the firmware on the tablet.

mallorco

Oct 22, 2010
With 1020 work fine. For update firwmare seek usbburntool. Some app not work fine in zt180 EPAD.

scherubin2

Oct 29, 2010
I got it in yesterday, I've been doing some research and found out you have to download the latest firmware update 1014, but I have no idea how to format it to the tablet. I do need help on how to update the firmware on the tablet.

Hi. I think you don't have to download nor to install a new firmware. Your version
is already more advance than 0830, is 1014 (these are dates august 30, october 14...)

So what you need is to download the Android market application.

I did not do that on my ZT 180 because a) did not had time and 2) for the time being
I'm satisfied with the SAM3.5 applications. As soon as I will have some time I'll try to install android market on the tablet and come back to this forum with some clear "howto"....

Last edited:

scherubin2

Oct 29, 2010
I forgot: whenever you want to change a firmware on device A, you need to use another device, say B, that is able to write that piece of
software into the EPROM (whatever technology has been this made from) of A. In general B is a PC physically connected to A (e.g. via a USB port).

mentalernie

Oct 24, 2010
i pushed the android id to my device following the howto in the link below.
(slatedroid.com/wiki/index.php?title=Fix_Market_For_Slates)

i'm one step further, i don't get the error anymore, but now the download hangs at 'starting download'.

tried 2 push it several times but it just won't start downloading.

getting a bit frustrated right now, been spending the last 3 nights on it... :(

anyone have an idea?

thanks

scherubin2

Oct 29, 2010
I found this link. It seems correct but the text is not very clear in the beginning.
All downloads, unpack and so forth as to be done on the PC, not on the tablet.

Android Market and the Zenithink ZT-180 « Bob’s Mental Moshpit

If you connect the Tablet to the PC via USB, be sure to use the mini USB marked OTG (On The Go).
Otherwise the Master (the PC) - Slave (the Tablet) protocol could fail.
And don't get frustrated. This is how real IT is.... not just push "Start" button on windows7 :)

mentalernie

Oct 24, 2010
just checked my firmware.
the firmware version on my zt-180 is 2.1-update1 so my firmware is from september 26th 2010

So I could do a firmware update, right?
To 20101020 reads as - android2.1-update1-20101020

Anybody have an howto? or something?

thanks

zzzwofo

Nov 1, 2010
I have tried 1014 and 1020 and on none of them does Marketplace start downloading. Anyone have anytips?

transverse

Nov 2, 2010
Interesting. I'm on firmware 1012 which I haven't seen much chat about and pretty much everything worked straight out of the box. I was all ready to do the firmware update and had 1014 and 1020 downloaded (I felt trying alternates would improve the chances of success) but Marketplace was installed and working. New factory firmware maybe? Will probably go through the 3 firmware updates anyway to determine if there are any obvious difference (i.e. niggles resolved)

Last edited:

HairyBearMan

Nov 5, 2010
I have tried 1014 and 1020 and on none of them does Marketplace start downloading. Anyone have anytips?

I'm definitely no ZT -180 surgeon but what worked for me was to:
Firstly ensure ports 5228 and 8889 are open (I used UDP/TCP) for WiFi use.
Start up the "Talk" application
Use Market.

I have no idea why this worked. Let us know how you get on.

Got Optus prepaid E160 working today too...woot...

Still trying to come to grips with Android OS tho...

mentalernie

Oct 24, 2010
hell yeah!!!

it works!!!

using the 2.1 1030 firmware I flashed my zenithink and everything works, it runs smoothly and fast!

i'm happy

thanks 4 ur help guys!