Zenithink ZT-180 Epad Dead

Mohi

Nov 26, 2010
My new 10.2 Zenithink ZT-180 Epad will not get through the [ANDROID_] screen. All I am getting is the blinking cursor. Reset several times with the same results.:( Thought I'd try and update the firmware to 1101 but my XP SP3 32 bit pc would not accept the usb drivers for my device. I'm pretty much at my ends here to revive my Epad at this point.
Anyone have any suggestions or advice on this? Your comments would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

Mohi

Nov 26, 2010
My new 10.2 Zenithink ZT-180 Epad will not get through the [ANDROID_] screen. All I am getting is the blinking cursor. Reset several times with the same results.:( Thought I'd try and update the firmware to 1101 but my XP SP3 32 bit pc would not accept the usb drivers for my device. I'm pretty much at my ends here to revive my Epad at this point.
Anyone have any suggestions or advice on this? Your comments would greatly be appreciated. Thanks
Well, after spending the whole afternoon attempting to update the firmware I finally got it.
I found that it was just the otg cable because after I tried another cable my XP SP3 32 bit pc finally recognized the device and I proceeded to install the usb drivers and run burn tool to update firmware to 1101 successfully.
Whew! I thought I had a $200.00 brick for awhile but, Its All Good Now!:D

adarshkumar

Dec 5, 2010
Dear Mohi,

I am also facing the same problem with new 10.2 10.2 Zenithink ZT-180 Epad it does'nt get through the [ANDROID_] screen. I would appriciate if you halp me to get my 200$ brick to live again.

Regards
Adarsh

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
Dear Mohi,

I am also facing the same problem with new 10.2 10.2 Zenithink ZT-180 Epad it does'nt get through the [ANDROID_] screen. I would appriciate if you halp me to get my 200$ brick to live again.

Regards
Adarsh

search for site "zenithink usa" there is a support section which explains how to flash the rom

Mohi

Nov 26, 2010
Hello Adarsh,
Just like hoben02 states...search the Zenithink USA website to learn how to flash your rom. The website even has some videos for their guides. It helped me alot as this web site does. Your problem should be solved after flashing your rom as it did with mine.
Good luck!

cosmo182

Mar 15, 2011
I,am having the same problem stuck on the Android page tried flashing the unit it starts than fails is there anyone in North America the fixes these units? or should i bite the bullet and buy an Ipad?

sobs

Mar 4, 2011
my zenithink is dead? tuurn it on it gets to android on screen then thats it. thinking waste of money but my htc phone is the best so ??????

Mohi

Nov 26, 2010
Hello sobs, you need to update firmware (re-flash your device) with the appropriate file. if youre sure you have a zenithink zt-180 please refer to this link for info on how to go about the process. Elonex :: eBook Readers, eTouch Tablets and the very latest UK Tech.
I had the same problem a couple of times already and the only way to come out of the [android _ ] boot hang up is to re-flash your device.
Hope this helps. Good Luck!

ktnwin2011

May 28, 2011
What is the OTG connector of the ZT-180 used for ? I got one ZT-180 and am looking for:
a) where to get TF flash card
b) what is this OTG for ?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

dracennight

May 19, 2011
ktnwin2011
a) the tf card is how you can upgrade the memory (storage) the tablet has it's a micro sd card slot.....(will allow up to 32gig)
b) the otg port is another style of usb mainly used to connect the tablet to a desktop or laptop pc

BTW I would suggest you use the search function on the site and read through the full board on the zt-180 before you go asking questions in just any post. I am sure both of these questions have been asked before. plus with reading all the post you will have a better understanding of what you have and what it's limits are and even a few of the common issues you might see such as the one this thread is about. I would also suggest you read through the general android board and the section on hacking and tips and tricks. there is a lot of info out if your willing to take the time to read. You will find most of the time if you ask a question that has been seen too often you will not get a response.

Last edited: