Zenithink ZT-180 issues

lowesmobile

Nov 3, 2010
Just received 2 of these today for the kids. They have the following installed already;

Model Number 1000ET

Firmware Version
android2.1-update1-20101012

Kernal Version
2.6.32.9 usbandroid#1608

Build Number
1000ET-eng2.1-uptodate20101012
Market is there, and when we try to login using any of our multiple gmail accounts it will not connect. No matter if we are on wifi or on udb dongle. Not sure what the issue is and looking for any assistance that you can provide.

Chris

aleksandarvs

Nov 7, 2010
You must be sure that your time and date are set correct. Also ensure ports 5228 and 8889 are open (UDP/TCP) for WiFi use. If that doesn't help upgrade (flash) firmware to 1030.

samenon

Nov 8, 2010
I have also brought the epad with ZT 180 specs. I wanted to know how to get connected to the inetrnet using usb modem.
I have purchased MTS blase 3.1 Mps usb modem. However the installation is only for windows os. How do we go about installing it in android os 2.1 with this epad.
Also what type of usb modem will be applicable in india.... Awaiting reply.

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
I have also brought the epad with ZT 180 specs. I wanted to know how to get connected to the inetrnet using usb modem.
I have purchased MTS blase 3.1 Mps usb modem. However the installation is only for windows os. How do we go about installing it in android os 2.1 with this epad.

try doing these instructions

How to use USB 3G Modem ---Zenithink ZT180 : Android

oscarking23

Nov 28, 2010
Hi I also have a 1000et that seems to work great com market, I'm using build 1103 which I guess is nov 3rd operating system.
Maybe checkout elonex for latest build. Sorry to say mine seems great Android good value for money. Bring com flash 10.1 soon hopefully
Oscar.

oscarking23

Nov 28, 2010
Hi I also have a 1000et that seems to work great com market, I'm using build 1103 which I guess is nov 3rd operating system.
Maybe checkout elonex for latest build. Sorry to say mine seems great Android good value for money. Bring com flash 10.1 soon hopefully
Oscar.

sohaibmoid

Dec 5, 2010

Did you manage to get your modem working. I am also in India and trying to connect Micromax MMX 310g USB 3G modem but nothing happens. Probably it is the driver for Android required to be installed as the modem comes with a Windows driver.

Do call me on +91 99100 28553 please.

naysses

Nov 8, 2010
Guys, I need help.... I am having a hard time to get the wireless working on my zt-180 that I just eceived yesterday. I already changed the txpower hack from 100 to 20. but still no luck.
Don't know if worked before because as soon as I received, I flashed to 1030.... originally came with 926 - I think. Anyway, everything else works. I can put the wireless on, the scan start but did not find anything (the scan usually try twice) and turned off... and I am 2 ft from the netgear wireless router. Any sugestions?

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
what is the security configuration on your router. i know that "wep" and "wpa2" will work with the 1030 build

naysses

Nov 8, 2010
At hoben02,
I got WEP but I start to believe that it is going to be a hardware issues because it is not picking up any wireless at all... I had another wireless modem in my work (motorola SBG900) and it doesn't matter if it is open or with WEP, it does the same... I turned on, the scan run twice saying that no wireless found and than turns off. I sent an email to my buyer to see what he is going to say. If you guys knows anything that I should do to diagnose if it is hardware or software, please let me know.... Thanks in advance.

naysses

Nov 8, 2010
Could be that the 1030 that I got is bad.... Do you know a good 1030 firmware to download?
Let me know... thanks.