Ziio 10 Problem - No sound in movies (with AC3?)

Weelkoo

May 18, 2011
Hi!

I have problem with ZiiO 10 - no sound in most of HD movies I try (.mkv and .avi). I check different video players and problem occurs in ZiiVideo and RockPlayer in Hardware mode. When I try yxplayer or RockPlayer in Software mode sound is working but playback is choppy (RockPlayer shows only 10~15FPS with 720p mkv movie). Does ZiiO really doesn't support AC3 sound while using hardware video acceleration (I really don't belive in that as it is major drawback and I didn't notice it in any review/thread/movie) or I'm doing something wrong? :confused:

MewTT

Dec 4, 2011
hey

I don't know why, but a easy fix is to download "freemake video converter" it's freeware and can converte to android.

Hope it helps

borix

Nov 4, 2011
The problem here is the fact that hw codecs in our Ziios do not support AC3 audio (it is stated in FAQ on creative site) and according to creative the Ziio is highly unlikely to ever support AC3. Fortunately there is a workaround without any need for a video conversion. You just need to use an android video player that is capable of playing audio in software mode (and supports AC3) and video in HW video. MX Video player works fine for me. Once you have it installed you just need to go to Preferences and set S/W audio option to enabled (but do NOT set S/W decoder to enabled!).