ZT-180 10" Official elonex 1000ET Android 2.2 Out Zenithink

cammed

Apr 1, 2011
ZT-180 Official elonex 1000ET Android 2.2 Firmware Out

http://www.elonex.co...uch/1000et.shtm
This software was released today on the elonex site (01/04/2011)
Works
yahoo.gif
Great on my 10" 256mb 2gb Zenithink v1 Tablet, Prefer it to the software from the Zenithink site. I like to use software from a branded site and in English

All the instructions are on the site to update

Last edited:

mikcoles

Jan 1, 2011
Yes got it on my elonex 1000et working well, only thing that is a bit annoying is it will not install any of the Angry Birds games.

Mohi

Nov 26, 2010
Hello cammed! Thanks for the link and info for the Elonex Android 2.2 firmware. Yes, it does seem to work fine on my zenithink zt-180 v1 Epad. It is a great improvement over the 2.1 firmware.

andypandy42

Jan 6, 2011
Hi.

When you say "It is a great improvement over the 2.1 firmware" I was wondering:

1. The previous version of the firmware from Elonex used to cause my 1000ET to crash (freeze) from time to time (about every 20 minutes on Angry Birds for example). Is that now fixed?

2. Is the tablet any slower running 2.2?

3. Can you see the full marketplace? For example, can you find "SKYPE"?

4. Do active wallpapers now work?

Mohi

Nov 26, 2010
hey andy,
I was previously testing the 1030 firmware for (my zenithink zt-180 v1) which I had issues such as no wifi on boot and most recently the dreaded [android _ ] boot freeze in which you only see that image with the blinking cursor forever. I do not know about the 1000ET since this is the Zenithink ZT-180 thread.
In my experience with this elonex firmware is: no, I do not notice any slowdown in the operations once I have killed certain startup apps with Advanced Task Manager. The wifi connects instantly on boot up. The whole layout of the task bar looks much more professional and streamlined with really good response unlike the 2.1 version I was testing.
Haven't had any freeze of any type so far. I did find out that some apps were not available or found when I know they are on the market. I just had to clear the cache and data in: settings/manage applications/running/market. Then all apps available where found including Skype. Last but not least...no, live wallpapers do not function properly with this firmware but, I myself prefer to save on my battery power to actually use the tablet instead of having a nice looking live wallpaper on my desktop draining the heck out of my battery. Oh, and there is no flash support as far as I know.
All in all I think this firmware is and will be the most stable one for my tablet and will stick to it for awhile but, more testing is needed I'm sure.
Hope this helps all that are considering using this firmware.

TonySlater

Apr 30, 2011
Has anyone else any comments on this firmware (the elonex version)? I am thinking of trying it out. Can I go back to a previous zenithink firmware if I dont want to keep the elonex one? The link above appears not to work, but I have found a file on the Elonex site called 1000ET-FWv1122.zip which is 89,667 KB. I assume this is the one?

Whats the best way to do the upgrade? SD or via USB cable?

I assume that the Elonex version is the same unit that has been rebadged? This looks like a promising development if future updates might also be able to be used.

Just on another subject, does anyone know where I might find the official Zenithink firmware releases...? I have looked and cannot find a decent place to find them with most links taking me to pages that no longer exist or are in Chinese.

I have had this tablet since August 2010, and have only just upgraded the firmware this week to 1204-1024x600, after running it all this time with the original firmware that was supplied with it (buggy and crashed a lot). 1204-1024x600 does seem to be better than what it had in there originally, but I would like to try this 2.2 Elonex release.

I assume my unit is compatible?? it looks exactly like the Elonex one on their website and was sold to me as '10.2" Android 2.1 ZT-180a 1GHZ CPU 256RAM Apad / ePad' last August 2010.

I am new to this forum, although I have be messing around with Android devices for around a year now.

Many Thanks for any help or comments you have.
Tony

Last edited:

allan40alt

Jan 23, 2011
I downloaded onto a micro SD card and transferred it from there.

I've just been onto the Elonex site and here is the link: Elonex :: Support

NB: Please also see my ealier report regarding this update for the Elonex 1000ET and also my other report regarding it's use with the Skyfire web browser.

Last edited:

TonySlater

Apr 30, 2011
Thanks a lot allen40alt,

I updated the ZT-180a last night with the firmware using the USB method. It has to be said the update is an excellent improvement. Highly impressed with the update. It looks better and works better too. I would recommend this update for sure. I have been using the unit all last night and most of the day today and I have yet to find an issue with it. I have installed loads of apps directly from SD, and from the Market and all works brilliantly. Even the speed is good, which is what I was concerned about. It appears to be just as fast as 2.1 (1204-1024x600) that I was running before, but with many improvements. Thanks a lot!

Tony

Last edited:

DirtyDonki

Jul 21, 2010
I can't get the driver to load in Windows 7 and after searching am really shocked that after all this time no one has yet updated the USB drivers to work on Win7.:mad: