ZT 180 v2, HDMI out?

Feb 10, 2011
Hey all,

I'm relatively new to this forum, not entirely new to the Android OS however.

I've recently been gifted a ZT 180 (Yeah, I know, it's not a super nice model, but it's a gift so I'm making the most of it); and I'm trying to get the HDMI output to work. I've plugged it in, it uses the same HDMI cable as one of my high def camcorders, but I just can't get it to put signal through to the television set. There doesn't appear to be any setting for it that I can find, and I've tried both plugging it in mid-operation, as well as having it pre-connected before booting the unit.

Can someone offer some help on getting this thing to show up on my tv?

Thanks!

(Also, please don't waste time criticizing the unit itself, I *know* it's not very good, I'm just looking for some help here...)

jordee23

Feb 10, 2011
watch this

its the right volume button only works with videos

Last edited by a moderator:

Melkor

Feb 15, 2011
its the right volume button only works with videos

It sorts out the problem. But only for those ePads that have the physical button. My MID was supposed to have the button, but when it arriver it turned out it hasn't got the button, just two icons (volume up & volume down) on the main screen.

I tried tapping the icons while playing video files to no avail...

How do I switch on HDMI TV-out without the physical volume switch?

ignatius26

Mar 14, 2011
It sorts out the problem. But only for those ePads that have the physical button. My MID was supposed to have the button, but when it arriver it turned out it hasn't got the button, just two icons (volume up & volume down) on the main screen.

I tried tapping the icons while playing video files to no avail...

How do I switch on HDMI TV-out without the physical volume switch?

There will be "menu" button on it. Just play video on your tab and press menu button, Video will transfer to TV.