24 hours with the Onda V712

DRFP

Jan 16, 2013
First off I charged it over night to 100% after flashing Jelly Bean to it and then calibrated the battery with the free calibration app
The battery in the tablet per the app is 4160mV bigger than the 3000 many say to have

Apps
I froze Google maps since I do not use it
Turned off notifications
Turned off individual App notifications (in JB you can do this)
Installed WiFi fixer app ( helps maintain signal)
Installed go power master and turned off phone and data ( Airplane with WiFi)
Ebook Droid for PDF files
Medscape for off line
Dolphin browser

What I found:

V711 and V712 similar battery life like this

8-10 hours reading no WiFi Screen at 30% bright
6-8 hours going on WiFi for email then turning off
4 hours WiFi surfing

Gaming and videos I suspect 3 to 4 hours since these are power intense

WiFi on this sucks the life out of the battery, if Onda put a WiFi that uses less power like our phones it would be an awesome Tablet

DRFP

Jan 16, 2013
I've applied a kindle fire 7 inch non glare screen from Target speck brand it covers the whole touch surface and is matte so the glossyness is cut way down you get 2 for 14.95 yes a little more than the bay but these are nice and adhere well

Wif goes to deep sleep I flashed a fix for JB 4.1. 1 From xda hopefully it helps

DRFP

Jan 16, 2013
No joy with JB 4.1.1 and WiFi it goes into deep sleep and you have to reboot so I'm turning it off and on to avoid reboots and that is working

DRFP

Jan 16, 2013
http://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=8i
Wifi is the battery hog and became unable to conbect iuntil I installed WiFi fixer and used nexus one fixer mode
Google Images WiFi is the problem with the battery and it becomes unable to connect from sleep until I in styled WiFi fixer and used the nexus one fix

Last edited: