8042 battery life?

esguerra

Dec 25, 2012
Hello everyone,

Merry christmas to everybody. I just got a Kyros mid8042 as a gift. I use it primarily for watching videos. Although I need help with a couple of things.
Off the bad I immediately noticed how short my battery life is. I'm hoping its only because I wasn't able to fully charge it the first time around.
How long should I charge my tablet and how long should I expect it to last? At the rate i'm going I think mine lasts only good for one movie.
i'm thinking i should constantly kill processes in the task manager to optimize battery life

Secondly, is it true that if my tablet is rooted, I can watch videos directly from my 1TB hard disk? if so, how do i root my tablet? what good comes out of rooting the tablet in the first place?

Thanks everyone.

Joe

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Joe, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Coby Generation 3 section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Charge your tablet overnight. The batteries are rated for up to 8 hours before needing a charge, but that assumes the tablet is constantly on. During normal usage situations you should be able to double that. Be aware though that playing video will drain the battery faster.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hello everyone,

Merry christmas to everybody. I just got a Kyros mid8042 as a gift. I use it primarily for watching videos. Although I need help with a couple of things.
Off the bad I immediately noticed how short my battery life is. I'm hoping its only because I wasn't able to fully charge it the first time around.
How long should I charge my tablet and how long should I expect it to last? At the rate i'm going I think mine lasts only good for one movie.
i'm thinking i should constantly kill processes in the task manager to optimize battery life

Secondly, is it true that if my tablet is rooted, I can watch videos directly from my 1TB hard disk? if so, how do i root my tablet? what good comes out of rooting the tablet in the first place?

Thanks everyone.

Joe
The battery life is the best of the tablets I have, charge it 100%. 8 to 10 hours is normal for the 8042, 7042 4 to 6 hours are normal, 8048 3 to 4 are normal.

Yes you can mount hardrives, as far as rooting goes a simple search will give you that answer.

Last edited: