9.7" Wopad M12 experience?

SpartanWP

Apr 11, 2011
Hi there, I bought one of these from DHGate, and am very impressed with it. The screen is nice and crisp, same as my mothers iPad2. Also it is very fast and the cameras front and back are surprising good. Picture quality is good for 2 mega pixel camera.
Android 2.3 is bit old, but still works perfectly for what I am using the tablet. I use it mostly for web browsing, reading eMagazines, email and the odd game.
I use Google Docs to do all my Word and Spreadsheet work. The keyboard is nice and responsive.

Cheers

Decimator

Oct 8, 2011
I have this same tablet. I don't have anything to compare it to, but I think it is great. The screen especially is very good and crisp, HD videos look awesome on this. As said earlier, touch screen is very nice and reponsive.

I use it mainly for browsing, facebook and some games. The original browser was kinda slow, but with opera mobile everything is smooth.

Automatic screen rotation stopped working after a while. I have read that this is happened to other android tablets as well. The autorotate setting does nothing.

Luckily I got it fixed just by installing separate autorotate switch program. It is handy because at times you really need it to be switched off.

Only real complaint is that I haven't got the 3G working. Seems that the tablet does not recognise my sim card at all (does not suggest any APN settings, region is China etc.). The problem might be on some of the settings but I don't yet know what and where.

Diver

Oct 10, 2011
I have this same tablet for 10 days, it's very fast and eye catching device. But mine has some touchscreen issue from the very first moment. Some times it goes crazy I have filling like "ghost" pressing the screen, it activate/deactivate menu button by self for infinity, or if it is rotated by 90 degrees and I try to type address in the browser it press letter by self so fast , that I'm not able to type what I want. Some times it behave normal for hours and you never knows when and for how long it will "attack".

I guess it is firmware issue. Also I try to contact the seller but no response from them.

Do you know the place from where I can obtain some stock or other firmware?

Thank you

video link:

Last edited by a moderator:

elastikman

Oct 22, 2011
Hi!
i post this earlier in other forum.

But i will post also here.
This a very good tablet. But it seens very hard to find support in english.

From the deepest chinese forums i present you .. the firmware :)

Please download this 2 files:

Firmware M12 tablet:
http://www.filesonic.com/file/2672545471

RKTOOLS ENGLISH LANGUAGE
http://www.filesonic.com/file/2672867241

How to:

Unzip M12_TABLET_firmware_20110903.rar
Unzip RKTOOL.rar

1. With the tablet shutdown press and hold "MENU" Key and only then connect USB cable to pc, wait 3 secs and release "Menu" key.
2. The windows system will detect new usb device, please correct windows version driver in unzip folder from RKTOOL. (i think this only works in 32bits versions)
3- After usb device install ok, run RKBatchTool.exe

4. Device should be detect "GREEN"
7_201109301743355P6B8.png

5. Open firmware img file.

6. Press Restore button.

7. Wait until tablet restart and starts restoring the system.

8. Wait until it finish and is done.

I hope this help !!

I have here other firmwares.
Rooted firmware
And SDK 2.0 Firmware Honeycomb UI :D :D

But i havent tested yet..
i will post soon..

skoster

Apr 1, 2011
Hi there, I bought one of these from DHGate, and am very impressed with it. The screen is nice and crisp, same as my mothers iPad2. Also it is very fast and the cameras front and back are surprising good. Picture quality is good for 2 mega pixel camera.
Android 2.3 is bit old, but still works perfectly for what I am using the tablet. I use it mostly for web browsing, reading eMagazines, email and the odd game.
I use Google Docs to do all my Word and Spreadsheet work. The keyboard is nice and responsive.

Cheers

Does it have gps?

Thanks!

renatos

Nov 9, 2011
Hi guys. i bought too this tablet in october 17th and recived it only 2 days ago . but it doesn't have the user guide in inglish only chines(and i don't know chines yet) .Some one can send me the user guide ? the tablet have a slot for sim card but when i insert it in the tablet don't found it .where is the problem?

aff

Nov 10, 2011
Hello,
I purchased the tablet Wopad M12, but can not use the SIM card, the machine says itdoes not recognize the SIM card.
Anyone can help me? Should I upgrade firmewear.
greetings

powerx86

May 11, 2011
Hi!
i post this earlier in other forum.

But i will post also here.
This a very good tablet. But it seens very hard to find support in english.

From the deepest chinese forums i present you .. the firmware :)

Please download this 2 files:

Firmware M12 tablet:
http://www.filesonic.com/file/2672545471

RKTOOLS ENGLISH LANGUAGE
http://www.filesonic.com/file/2672867241

Elastikman - I have found some of your post on other forums like "PandaWill". I have an WOPAD M12 and upgraded to the versions you listed there and I have no Touchscreen. Firmware loads fine - but no touchscreen. I had a working 2.3 version that came with pad but wanted to test the updates and also try the 3.0 version that you show in video.

All comes up nice but in Chinese - I know where to change but no touchscreen.

Is there something I am missing?? I even got the version dated 1106 and again no issues - just have no touchscreen.

So is there a default 2.3x load for the Wopad M12 that I can flash back to or is there something I did wrong.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thx !

Touch immediately went away with the versions that are in this download post and I did do a restore.

Mars018

Nov 30, 2011
wopad m12 3.0 rom

hello guys
I look for the rom / firmware in the video
elastikman have been used by a wopad m12
and would also like to stop the adroid 3.xxx
can someone upload the.

Thank you

Greeting marcus

(sorry for the english I'm from Germany)

henrihenry

Nov 29, 2011
Last edited: