a2109a trouble

tnewc

Feb 7, 2013
Recently upgraded to jellybean. Slowed boot up, slowed internet, everything seems slower. Now it won't mount my SD card or USB drive. Freezes up sometimes, too. Used an app manager recently but uninstalled it to see if that would help. It didn't. Any ideas?

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
I would start with redownloading the ROM checking the md5 to make sure its not corrupt then reinstall it after doing a full wipe ( factor reset, cache and dalvik cache ). If your card still doesn't mount maybe check the card for any any errors and fix them if there is.

tnewc

Feb 7, 2013
If I do a factory reset, will I lose everything on my internal memory? Also, I don't know what a ROM or md5 are. What is a full wipe? Just a newer tablet user. Thanks.

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Agree with MCL, always do a factory wipe after an update, its not uncommon with having issues when upgrading from ICS to jb and its happens on all devices

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
If I do a factory reset, will I lose everything on my internal memory? Also, I don't know what a ROM or md5 are. What is a full wipe? Just a newer tablet user. Thanks.

Do you have root? If your not rooted then you don't need to worry about trying to flash a ROM or wiping before it.
A factory reset should only wipe your system and data but you should back up anything on the internal memory just in case.

tnewc

Feb 7, 2013
Didn't find any links in Technical section. Found some in Development section but don't know how to install them. Downloaded to download folder.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Didn't find any links in Technical section. Found some in Development section but don't know how to install them. Downloaded to download folder.

Was it the Useful files... post? I just posted instructions on how to do this. Let me find them... ok. I think this will work.

1. Copy the ROM to an external sdcard.
  2. Boot into recovery by holding power and volume up at the same time. It should take 3-5 seconds before it says "Booting into recovery mode" or something similar.
  3. Here's where you install the ROM. I don't remember which option it is, but there are very few. It might say "Install a zip file from external sdcard". I hope that's close enough!
  4. After installing, you will want to perform a factory reset. That will be one of the options from the recovery menu.
  5. Reboot your tablet. I think that is the first option.
  6. When the tablet boots -- and it will take longer than usual -- you will have to perform the initial setup again. It will be like having a fresh tablet.
  7. If you have made it this far, jump for joy
    smile.png
    You are finished.

I hope that works for you! It's the best I can do...

Last edited:

tnewc

Feb 7, 2013
Now, the only problem is the root of my issue. My a2109 won't mount my external SD card or USB drive. Hence, I can't install from my external SD card.

tnewc

Feb 7, 2013
OK. I found that my nearly new micro SD card is caput. Hope I can find the receipt. Works with new card so I no longer need to reflash ROM (for now). I've been hot swapping the old card, but I won't be doing that with the new one! Thanks for everyone's help.