A500 DualBoot

May 16, 2011
Is it possible to make a A500 into a dualboot tablet?

Wondering if it is possible, and the way I may go about doing such a task.

:)

Thanks!!

~ERG

May 10, 2011
Dual boot windows and honeycomb? I don't think that's possible... at the moment. Maybe later when windows is out for ARM devices. I personlly would love to be able to dual boot between honeycomb and webOS. That'd be sweet.

dayjob

May 25, 2011
Dual boot windows and honeycomb? I don't think that's possible... at the moment. Maybe later when windows is out for ARM devices. I personlly would love to be able to dual boot between honeycomb and webOS. That'd be sweet.

It is possible as the Acer A500 was dual booted with HC and Win 7 at CES this past event. Other tabs also ran duel booted.

HarshReality

Jun 19, 2011
Been poking about on this for some time... short answer is no. Actual answer is there are several resources (I wont quote them as I dont recall from the top of my head) but they sum up to running linux as a service and then using android VNC from within your android OS to actually use the OS. Just my 2 cents but this seems foolish and a complete waste of resources.. but the ones I have seen when VNC'n into them actually yield a desktop and a few simple applications.