A500 freezes after update.

jhrIII

May 18, 2011
I have a rooted A500, (gingerbreak), and since updating it, when I unplug it, it freezes causing me to have to reboot it. Has done it after wake up a couple of times as well. What gives?

MrBlazito

May 8, 2011
There are a few other people who posted about this issue. I wonder if they were also rooted. I have had no freezing issues after the update (not rooted).

SmoothSnake

May 18, 2011
same issue (not rooted)...if it goes on standby for too long it freezes and you must reboot. There is other threads about this, suspect it is not an update or root issue

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Many many people have complained about this issue in these forums. Acer is coming out with a fix for it apparently.

cdf3

Jun 7, 2011
Mine reboots after charging it. I'm also having issues with the unit not turning on at times. Might return mine and get something else.

morrighu

Jun 3, 2011
I can't speak to the Acer specifically, but I have seen rooted smart phones do the same thing. What seems to fix it for the smart phones is uninstalling and reinstalling all of the apps.

HTH

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Many many people have complained about this issue in these forums. Acer is coming out with a fix for it apparently.

My complaint to acer on this issue got a response that indicated they knew nothing about it, and certainly didn't imply there was a fix coming.
They actually asked me if I had added a hard drive or new memory to the device. ??!!??
They wanted me to do a factory reset.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Don't worry, There's not a chance in hell I'm going to reset the device to factory.

That was a "go away and don't bother us" suggestion from Acer, and I have no intention of doing it.
I've worked with tech support long enough to know a formula answer when I see one.