Absolutely, positively will not reset.

Johnb3

Oct 28, 2012
Hi all,

My tablet appears to be stuck on the settings it was on in early September. However, when I turn it on, one by one the applications stop working - usually the google ones first. Whenever I start up an app, I get the message that it has stopped working, then keep getting the same message (as if it was crashing repeatedly). It eventually locks up. When I restart it, it goes back to the September settings regardless of any changes I've made.

I've tried the factory data reset, pushing the little reset button, and doing the trick with the power button, volume button and screen lock switch.

Any ideas?

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Try going into "settings" and clear the app cache. You may have corruption in the cache. Are you running ICS or HC? I did have this happen to me on HC but very rarely.

Johnb3

Oct 28, 2012
Hmm. I couldn't find where the option was... (insert embarrassed smiley here) so I downloaded 1Tap Cleaner. It says that my app cache is clear.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Go to SETTINGS.

That should give you the settings where you can access your wifi settings and the like.
Look down the list and you should see APPS listed on the lft hand side of screen. Tap it.

That should give you a list of all the apps, downloaded, running and All.
select all and scan down the list to which app you think it is.

Tap the APP and your screen should now give you a series of options, FORCE STOP, Uninstall, and further down the page CLEAR CACHE. It should also give you an indication of just how much is sitting in the cache. Clear the cache first. If that doesn't work try FORCE STOP the app if it is running. After that try to uninstall the last update and reboot.

This may help. Remember to fresh boot your tablet after every try.