Access to files on my PC?

cheerful

Feb 19, 2011
Is there a way to access files in shared folder on my PC? For example, can I play mp3 in the shared folder?

Thanks!

georgiboy

Apr 22, 2011
If I am understanding you correctly you want to play mp3 files from your PC? If you want to stream them remotely the best app is Log me in. Its 30 bucks but you will have complete remote access to your PC and if your connection is good enough you can even play videos and music. If you don't require sound phonemypc is a much cheaper way to get access to your PC remotely.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Tablet Forum

markcoli

Apr 18, 2011
If I am understanding you correctly you want to play mp3 files from your PC? If you want to stream them remotely the best app is Log me in. Its 30 bucks but you will have complete remote access to your PC and if your connection is good enough you can even play videos and music. If you don't require sound phonemypc is a much cheaper way to get access to your PC remotely.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Tablet Forum

But FileReflex i am using is much cheaper

beastman

May 8, 2011
You four use dropbox on your desktop and al your devices that have droobox including android

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

legs74

Mar 24, 2011
FileLinx Pro, just released on Android Market. Direct-connect to your PC. Access any file between Android and PC. Connect up to 10 different PC's either over Wi-Fi or 3G. Buy once, no fees, no cloud server and it direct prints to your PC's printer. I can send any file from Android and place it anywhere in my PC's hard drive. Completely flexible. No size limits because there is no cloud server that the files are passing through.

legs74

Mar 24, 2011
Since this is an Android Tablet forum, I thought that what we were discussing. FileLinx Pro has access to ALL of your C drive on your PC and can do that from anywhere. Also no cloud... and it prints remotely to any PC-connected printer. I use it on my tablet and phone.

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
Accessing files on the C drive is really a function of your home network and its security setup. As a note, I have an external 1tb USB files that is accessible to the network and it is where most files worth sharing are kept. I use my laptop for work and have its security set up to allow very little browsing of its contents.