Acer A500, Market, NO Connection/Retry

Dec 12, 2011
Don't know what may have happened, but when I click on the Market icon I get a grey screen
and in he middle is says No Connection Retry. I can click on the retry but it just comes back to the
same screen.
I haven't done anything strange with the tablet, though I did try and connect it to my WD external
drive to port over some music. Didn't work, used the SD car to do so.

What did I do and how can I get market back?
Thanks!
Ginny

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Did you ever install PDAnet?

Do you have a proxy configured for your wifi connection?
These are the usual causes.

Make sure you are logged into your google account, use google talk app to verify.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
well the first question is are you still connected to a wifi connection. If you are try and go into settings-applications-manage applications then find the market and clear the cache

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
One option that I have helped some users out with on this as a temporary fix if it only happens on one WiFi network is to go to Settings - About - Status.

Write down your IP address. (For example lets say it is 192.168.1.102)

Next, go to Settings - Wireless & Network - WiFi Settings - Long Press on your WiFi network. Select Modify.

Where it says DHCP, change this to "Static". In the IP address field, choose another number (most routers have about 50 IP's reserved for DHCP) that is above or below this. Most Linksys routers use .100-.149 by default.

Enter the following values (based on the above IP you found):
IP Address: 192.168.1.99
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
Network Prefix: 24
DNS1: 8.8.8.8
DNS2: 8.8.4.4
Tap Save.

There will be what looks like numbers in all the fields, but they are just examples.

Also, if your IP address is 192.168.2.102, your numbers for the IP and Gateway will start with 192.168.2.xxx.

If this does not work, long press the WiFi connection and choose Forget. Then add it back again. You have another issue.

If this is happening on every WiFi network, you probably have a proxy server setting from some app (like PDAnet) that is hosing up your system.

Dec 12, 2011
well the first question is are you still connected to a wifi connection. If you are try and go into settings-applications-manage applications then find the market and clear the cache
Yes, we have wifi connected. Tried clearing cache already, didn't help. Thanks!

Jan 10, 2012
Don't know what may have happened, but when I click on the Market icon I get a grey screen
and in he middle is says No Connection Retry. I can click on the retry but it just comes back to the
same screen.
I haven't done anything strange with the tablet, though I did try and connect it to my WD external
drive to port over some music. Didn't work, used the SD car to do so.

What did I do and how can I get market back?
Thanks!
Ginny

Just a heads up, I had the same problem the last few days. Everything worked fine but I had no connection to the market.

All people kept saying was "Blah blah blah PDAnet. Blah Blah Blah proxy. Blah Blah Blah Wifi settings"

It turns out that it was just a problem with my time/date settings. I don't know what that has to do with the market, but apparently Google won't let you connect to the market if your time/date settings aren't correct. I used the "Auto-Set" option in settings and everything works just fine now.

Maybe this will work for you.