adb with cm7

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
Can anyone post detailed instrictions on how to setup adb with cm7. I never had it setup with eclair so please don't assume that I know anything. I really appreciate any help, I'd like to be able to run scripts. Thanks guys.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
As stated, setting up adb doesn't depend on the version of aosp you are running, however, there are some issues with CM7 and proper usb mounting. should be cleared up in the next nightly or two it appears. Let me know if you have specific questions though.

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
Thanks faceman. I ended up going with adb wireless. My understanding is that I can everything with that.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
You pretty much can, and for that matter, the paid app Root Explorer will allow you to do pretty much everything as well without having to do code entry, just copy/paste and some permission changes. But just like ADB you must be very careful because you are playing in the danger-danger sandbox now. ;)

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
You pretty much can, and for that matter, the paid app Root Explorer will allow you to do pretty much everything as well without having to do code entry, just copy/paste and some permission changes. But just like ADB you must be very careful because you are playing in the danger-danger sandbox now. ;)

I will be. Truth be told I haven't found a reason to use it yet. Any suggestions?

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
If you don't have a need to use ADB, no need to fuss over it. Really, it's only useful for those who are wanting to tinker and play, if just using the device in a stable manner is more important, you can stay away. Because as I said before, everything that requires ADB eventually is made flashable via CWR or directly installed via file manager. (Usually) :)