Ainol Novo 7 "Basic" - White Version with 3.2 from BestMid.com

RodSter

Sep 5, 2010
Here are some pictures of the Ainol Novo 7 Basic I ordered from Best Mid and took delivery in Romania:

I am extremely busy with work but I will post a mini review when I get the time and I will answer any questions that you may have. The 3.2 ROM that came with the tablet was VERY BUGGY! So I installed the latest firmware from here: Ainol Novo7 Basic Android 3.2_20111126 - Downloads - Android Tablets Forum and it is very stable and fast with better memory management than previous ROMS. It also includes all the popular games such as Angry Birds, Spiderman, Fruit Slice and more plus a bunch of Chinese apps that can be uninstalled...

First impressions of this tablet are VERY GOOD if you can get past the current limitations of apps. This tablet is well built, fast and has very decent battery life...

I have managed to find all the apps I need for a tablet for socializing, reading, watching movies, listening to music and browsing the internet....So I am a very happy MIPS tablet user. I am sure that as MIPS moves further into tablet territory, more apps will become available ;)

You cannot beat the price at this time for a 3.2 tablet that will be updated to 4.0 very very soon :)

$PC165918.JPG$PC165921.JPG$PC165924.JPG$PC165927.JPG$PC165929.JPG

Last edited:

cheex

Dec 15, 2011
Glad to hear it, thanks for the mini review. I was thinking about buying one of these. I would be interested in hearing more when you have a min, like screen rotation, screen responsiveness and what browser you found to work best. Also gaming on this tablet would interest me...... when you get time of course =)

RodSter

Sep 5, 2010
The G-Sensor is as good as my Archos 80 G9 and the touchscreen is VERY responsive. Viewing angles are ok from the top and sides but not so much from the bottom but I don't expect a "top notch" screen at this price but otherwise it suits my needs ;) I'm currently using stock browser with no issues. The tablet is very quick as I mentioned above.

Mr.Tablet

Dec 19, 2011
How did they manage to port Honeycomb to this device?

I doubt that they are an official Google OEM.

RodSter

Sep 5, 2010
They received the rights from Google and they will also release ICS 4.0 for this tablet. It's a MIPS tablet, so I'm guessing that is why Google is working with them, as this is the first MIPS tablet for Android.

RodSter

Sep 5, 2010
Resolution is 2mp and average but also not bad for a tablet in this price range. It's raining outside at the moment so the attached sample is not great. Have a looky.$IMG_20111221_124134.jpg

Wazowski

Dec 21, 2011
Are you found apps for socializing, reading, watching movies, listening to music and browsing the internet? Can you help me with a list?

RodSter

Sep 5, 2010
Are you found apps for socializing, reading, watching movies, listening to music and browsing the internet? Can you help me with a list?

The stock Browser, music and media player work fine for browsing and media.

Seesmic for Facebook and Twitter

FaceBook App version 1.70 and 1.71 also work fine

Moon + Reader, Kobo, Amazon Kindle and Google Reader for reading

Doing a search in market to find apps works better than browsing the categories. The apps are there but you need to use the search function by typing in what you're looking for....

Recall85

Dec 21, 2011
RodSter,

Regarding the shipping to Romania when buying from Bestmid, can you please advise if there are other costs involved besides the shipping cost?(customs tax)

Thanks in advance

RodSter

Sep 5, 2010
RodSter,

Regarding the shipping to Romania when buying from Bestmid, can you please advise if there are other costs involved besides the shipping cost?(customs tax)

Thanks in advance

I used DHL so I payed an additional 50RON VAT based on $75 Bestmid declared the tablet at. I think if I just used standard shipping and waited longer the tablet probably would have come through without VAT charges.

bebea

Dec 13, 2011
I used DHL so I payed an additional 50RON VAT based on $75 Bestmid declared the tablet at. I think if I just used standard shipping and waited longer the tablet probably would have come through without VAT charges.

I used DHL so I payed an additional 16RON VAT based on $20 pandawil.com declared the tablet. I have one question: can you teach me how to make it work the market downloading? (in romanian please)