Amazon Free App of the Day

Well JB, I'm a little disappointed it's not Halloween Mahjong, but it's Mahjong nevertheless. Maybe we'll have better luck on Thanksgiving.:rolleyes:

Missed it by two days, the Mahjong part at least. If you collect mahjong games like I collect empty beer bottles, this one is pretty good. You can rotate the puzzle to get a better view of the the tiles. It does require access to your wi-fi networks. According to one reviewer it uses Google and Flurry Analytics to track the game.

Pandoodle is the 11/3 app.

Put your color mixing skills to the test in this relaxing and addictive game. Paint every spot with the right color, spend less ink to get more stars and unlock new books with new features! Three worlds with great mechanics and 75 challenging levels will keep you entertained for hours.

• Why does an app need so many permissions? It has only had 8 reviews so it is hard to get an overall consensus but they are generally favorable. This is another one that employs Flurry Analytics that allows the developer to track your usage. If you are interested in this game, it is always free on Google Play and has 100 levels instead of the 75 offered by this version.
  • Application Permissions: (Help me understand what permissions mean)
    • Open network sockets
    • Achieve low-level access to setting the orientation (actually rotation) of the screen
    • Access the vibration feature
    • Collect battery statistics
    • Access information about networks
    • Achieve low-level access to power management
    • PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming
    • Modify global audio settings

BeeCells is the 11/4 app.

Group six or more balls of the same color together. Once the balls are grouped, your score increases, and the group disappears to make room for more maneuvers. After each turn, watch out for more balls on the board as your task becomes more difficult. Includes Colorblind mode with fruits and flowers.

This might be a fun game except there is no way to win it, you just try to not lose for as long as possible. WHAT? Try the Test Drive.

Starfall All About Me is the 11/5 app.

Your child will love creating and interacting with his or her Me Character. Help them learn essential vocabulary while making choices about everyday objects, body parts, pets, and household environments. Great for emerging readers and those wanting to improve their English skills.

Beyond Ynth HD is the 11/6 app.

This is the story of Kribl, a little bug on a big journey to bring light back to the Kingdom of Kriblonia. Help him to successfully traverse unexplored, terrifying territories and find all the light-giving Dazzly Diamonds that were stolen by the Four Dark Spiders of the Apocalypse.

Haven't gotten to the spiders yet, but I did download it and it is a pretty fun game.

Yup, it was. Hopefully we will still be in the running when he gets back.

Anthill is the 11/7 app.

A gorgeous strategy game based on the real-world behavior of ants. Draw pheromone trails and direct your ground forces to different destinations, working with streams of units rather than individuals. Protect the hill as wave upon wave of enemy bugs are thrown at you with tower defense gameplay.

The developer doesn't mention any of this, but several of the customers did;

According to Addons Detector this app contains the following stuff you don't want:
ADWARE:
- AdMob
- AdSense
- AdWhirl

SPYING:
- Localytics

IN-APP PURCHASING:
- RobotMedia Android Billing

OTHER:
- Facebook Developer Tools

Back