Amazon Free App of the Day

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
You must have hit it at the wrong time. The FAOTD is eWallet!

Don't take risks with your passwords, account info, card numbers, or IDs. Keep them protected, secure, and easy to access in eWallet®. Your passwords are very important - just think about it. All your money, your bank accounts, financial info, health info, credit cards, insurance, and everything else you need to keep private is protected by passwords. They're not just for email, Facebook and Twitter.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
You're right JB, only the early birds get the Train Games bonus app.

eWallet is now the 2/18 app.

Don't take risks with your passwords, account info, card numbers, or IDs. Keep them protected, secure, and easy to access in eWallet®. Your passwords are very important - just think about it. All your money, your bank accounts, financial info, health info, credit cards, insurance, and everything else you need to keep private is protected by passwords. They're not just for email, Facebook and Twitter.

Will it protect you from the NSA? I don't think so.:(

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
WordsWorth is the 2/19 app.

Experience the thrill of wordplay as you link letters to trace words on a beautiful honeycomb structure. Create longer words with rare letters to earn hefty points. Earn various bonuses like Line Creeper, Flowerpot and Palindroma! Challenge your friends on Android or iOS and become a whiz with words!

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
One of the reviewers of WordsWorth says:-this app is the worst in how it violates our devices and our privacy-and he seems right, check the permissions before you decide to install it...I didn't!

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Danger, Will Robinson! Step away from this app. Back away slowly and no one will get hurt. We gots permissions, we gots spyware, we gots adware, they can find you on Pluto, if you have this app.

I'm leaving on a jet plane. Don't know when I'll be back again. Where's the karaoke machine. Actually, if we don't get snowed in,(like in CHICAGO) we will be in Miami tomorrow night. Any ideas for a good place to eat around the Crowne Plaza? We will be back March 4.

Thanks for taking over, Gloria!
Permissions: (Help me understand what permissions mean)
  • Read only access to device state
  • Get information about the currently or recently running tasks: a thumbnail representation of the tasks, what activities are running in it, etc
  • Open network sockets
  • Write to external storage
  • Access fine (e.g., GPS) location
  • Access information about Wi-Fi networks
  • Access coarse (e.g., Cell-ID, Wi-Fi) location
  • Access the list of accounts in the Accounts Service
  • Access information about networks
  • PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming
  • Allows an application to receive messages via Google Cloud Messaging

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Reading the review by Thom Bone would lead you to believe he didn't care for it either.;)

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Are you y taking about the hotel by the airport? You have to tell me what kind of food you like,Italian,French,Japanese, Thai.....let me know if you want to meet! :)

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Are you y taking about the hotel by the airport? You have to tell me what kind of food you like,Italian,French,Japanese, Thai.....let me know if you want to meet! :)

Yes, by the airport. American, Italian or French. And a good place for breakfast, if there is one. We get in late Thursday night and are with a group. We leave Saturday morning, so that wouldn't leave much time. You know where we will be though, if you want to stop by for a drink in the bar Friday night!:-D Are there any attractions right around there?

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Around the airport there are only fast food places but not far, 14 minutes there is kind of open mall with restaurant and stores and places for drinks, very nice area downtown Miami called Brickell Village. I like there The Blue Martini for drinks and the Italian Toscana Divino.

$ForumRunner_20140219_224325.png

$ForumRunner_20140219_224412.png

Last edited:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Few more minutes drive you can be in South Beach....you go to Lincoln Road Mall and everything is there and open until midnight or over.My favorite Italian there is Locanda

$ForumRunner_20140219_225048.png

$ForumRunner_20140219_225202.png

Sibilla.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
But the closest, only 9minutes drive is this street full of restaurant in Coral Gables and is called Miracle Mile. I know there are a lot of great places, not really my area so I can't tell you about any place in particular.

$ForumRunner_20140219_225721.png

$ForumRunner_20140219_225721.png