Android 4.0?

CALL911

Mar 29, 2011
Just saw an add in Staples mag showing the XOOM with Andriod 4.0 (claiming to be the first to have and run it).

Anyone know what running the 4.0 will include? Or how it will run?

cosmos

Apr 3, 2011
Just saw an add in Staples mag showing the XOOM with Andriod 4.0 (claiming to be the first to have and run it).

Anyone know what running the 4.0 will include? Or how it will run?

Could be Ice Cream (Sandwich/Sundae) but I suspect it will just be a typo tbh!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Android 4 has a rumored codename of 'Ice Cream'

Stooples is a Canadian derogative term to call the Staples franchise

CALL911

Mar 29, 2011
Well, I either remembered the add incorrectly, or it was indeed a misprint about it being 4.0. In reality it is 3.0.
Motorola Xoom | Staples

Nevertheless, could anyone shed some light on the different betwee the new 3.0 and say the 2.2 that is on an Archos 101?

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Well the biggest and immediate change to 3.0 is it was built for tablets. It does a good job utilizing a full 10"+ screen, and does a better job at customizing "home" screens. It's a "snappier" version, and comes with more optimized Google apps like YouTube that are specifically for HoneyComb.

cosmos

Apr 3, 2011
Well the biggest and immediate change to 3.0 is it was built for tablets. It does a good job utilizing a full 10"+ screen, and does a better job at customizing "home" screens. It's a "snappier" version, and comes with more optimized Google apps like YouTube that are specifically for HoneyComb.

What he said, and also any tablet running 2.3 or below is basically running a standard mobile phone OS scaled up to a big screen. I would very much recommend getting a tablet with Honeycomb!