Android App From Amazon

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yes of course. I'll put one more set of instructions together for you. It will take a minute to gather the appropriate links. Basically it will restore your stock nook then start the process of installing CM7 from scratch. When you get to the setup take care to follow all of the steps. This should get you going with CM7. Sorry we didn't get it straightened out a little easier.

verna2197

Nov 13, 2011
thats ok I really appreciate everything you have done for me I m just getting tired and have a big day tomorrow.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Download this file and save the zip file onto your bootable CWR card. Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!. This is the stock 1.3 image.

Revert to stock:
1. Power down and insert your bootable CWR card again. Then power on.
2. Wipe /system and /data.
3. Wipe cache partition and then wipe dalvik cache (under advanced).
4. Install zip from sd (flash the zip file) choose update-nc-stock-1.3.zip.
5. Return to main menu and hold power until off.
7. Remove card and power on.
8. Reboot back into stock (to make sure it is running ok and settled). Power down and insert CWR card.

Install CM7:
1. Power down and insert your bootable CWR card again. Then power on.
2. Wipe /system and /data.
3. Wipe cache partition and then wipe dalvik cache (under advanced).
4. Install zip from sd choose CM7 zip.
5. Install zip from sd choose Gapps.
6. Return to main menu and hold power until off.
7. Remove card and power on.

Setup Google Apps:
11. You will see blue text Android followed by CM7boot screen followed by a choice of com.android.provision.DefaultActivity or Setup Wizard.
12. Choose Setup Wizard.
13. Touch the Android to begin.
14. Choose skip at google account.
15. Choose next use location.
16. Select time zone, check automatic then next.
17. Press the n button.
18. Then Menu>Settings>Wireless & networks>Wi-Fi settings and connect to your network.
19. Once connected use the Back button twice.
20. Choose Accounts & sync from the menu. Add account>Google.
21. Choose next.
22. Sign in with your Google account.
23. Click OK.
24. Select the Google apps to install (recommend Gmail, Google Maps, Google Voice andYouTube). Click OK.
25. Click Accept.
26. Click each selected app to download it.
27. Choose if you want to use backup & restore, click next.
28. Click Finish setup.

You have now completed the major portion of the setup and can run CM7 J

Extra setup -

Menu>Settings>CyogenMod settings>Performance>CPUsettings>Max CPU frequency: 925MHz, Set on boot checked.
Menu>Settings>CyogenMod settings>Tablet tweaks>Choosesoft-buttons: add Home, set others to preference.
Menu>Settings>CyogenMod settings>Tablettweaks>Choose unhide button> Vol+ or Vol-
Menu>Settings>Applications: Check Unknown sources
Menu>Settings>ADWLauncher>Screenpreferences>Deskto p Columns: 8

Last edited:

verna2197

Nov 13, 2011
ty I will contact when I am feeling better. Again thank you for all of your help with this.

Verna

verna2197

Nov 13, 2011
Hi its me again, home from the hospital I am still getting the following

When I first turn my Nook on I get
"The process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. "
When I try to go to the marker I get
Nothing just keep turning like its trying to load
When I go to settings CyanogenMod settings I get
"The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Can you help me with this please. I did put it back to factory and then started all over.

Thank you

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi verna, I hope yo're well. This sounds like a google frame work services issue. I would like to have you download and install Titanium Backup to clear the app cache but it doesn't sound like you can get to the Market. Try inserting your bootable SD card and then clearing just your Cache partition and dalvik cache again. Then reboot.

verna2197

Nov 13, 2011
did what you said but still getting the same messages and can't get onto the market. had back surgery and it hurts like heck.

verna2197

Nov 13, 2011
the cards that I am using to do this with are

sandisk 2gb micro I had this with my old phone before I got my IPhone
the other card is a
Sandisk microssd microsdhc 4gb plus it has a 4 with a circle around it. Are these the right cards?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Those should be fine. I am wondering if either the ClockWork Mod Recovery or the GApps file is slightly buggered. It might be better to go bac one version on the Gapps zip and see if that fixes the issue.

You can also try going into Settings>Apps>All and try clearing the cache of the google service frame work.

verna2197

Nov 13, 2011
why do I keep getting the message

The application settings (process.com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
That means something is not installing correctly from Gapps. Usually you have to clear the cache to fix this. We have tried to do this through CWR and through the Applications manager in settings. Usually Titanium Backup (TB) seems to work best for this but since Market isn't working it makes it a little more difficult to get a copy of it since you have to side load it. You can find Titanium Backup here http://matrixrewriter.com/android/files/TitaniumBackup_latest.apk. Just click the link from inside your Nook to download. Then you'll get a notification that the app has been downloaded, click on that to install.

You need to insert a blank SD card after you install TB for it to work. Once installed you can go into TB find the google framework app and wipe data to see if that works.

For whatever reason Gapps isn't cooperating. That is why I suggested using the older version. That sounds like it is also not working. If you tried to follow the same procedure with the older version and got the same result. I have a couple of other ideas we can try but see if you can download and install TB first since it is a useful tool.

verna2197

Nov 13, 2011
i m unable to even bring my keyboard up now. Should I have the software for the nook or the tablet on this thing.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
At this point it should have the CM7 tablet software. I am pretty certain you are having Google apps related issues. Now we just need to clear those to make sure you get a clean install of Gapps. Let's start by making sure you have clean downloads of the three required files.

1. CM7 7.1.0 (http://download.cyanogenmod.com/get/update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-Vega-signed.zip)
2. GApps (http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip)
3. Nook 1.2 (update-nc-stock-1.2-signed.zip)

Delete those three files from your pc and from the CWR boot card. Then redownload them (links provided) to make sure you have clean copies. Let me know once you have done that.