Android browser issues?

fishy

Aug 2, 2010
Got a couple of questions for you guys?

My wife took my Best buy cards and bought me a Xoom last weekend for my birthday. ( I told her I was getting a Playbook but she doesn't know the difference and thought she would suprise me!!) I thought well I will test drive it this week on the road.

So far not bad at all except for 1 glitch that I cannot figure out.

When browsing a webpage such as calendar and then hit the back button about 80% of the time it goes back 2,3 or 4 pages. Very, very frustrating. Now my S7 also did the same thing but I thought it was resistive issue. Also when going back, it goes to the top of the page instead of where you left off, if it only goes back 1.

Has anybody figured this out? Am I doing something wrong? Would one of the other browsers such as Dolphin work better?

If not I think I will return it and wait on the playbook. However I really like the size (which I didn't think I would but I don't really transport it around just use in the hotel room/lobby and the airplane and airport.)

Thanks,​

Joker

Mar 29, 2011
I have been using the xoom now for a couple of weeks and I have not encountered this issue. In fact I have found that the web browsinig is very similar to my experience on the laptop. Is there a particular site where this occuring? When checking gmail and my comcast sites I have very little in the way of issues (only item is the inability to play my voicemils but I have the work around for that now.

Let us know the particulars and I'm sure we can help (people here have helped me out a few times).

Sent from my Xoom using Android Tablet Forum

jlrsn

Apr 17, 2011
I didn't like the supplied browser of my Xoom and downloaded the free Opera Mini Browser which has been optimized to work with the Xoom and it is fast and not a problem as of yet.