Android Market.....not up to date?

JungleKing76

Dec 10, 2011
I apologize if this was already mentioned somewhere else but I searched and did not find it.

My Sony Tablet S has the Android Market installed and according to the settings, it is version 1.0.28. Now, the market works great and I have not had any complaints until now. The current version of the market on this tablet does not include Google Movies or Music store. I assume this is Sony's way of forcing us to use their music and video store. I have found several threads and discussions online about installing a newer version of the market and I have tried three different ones, version 3.2, 3.3.11, and 3.3.12. All of them installed and worked but none of them seemed to work well with the tablet. According to several sites, the 3.3.12 is supposed to be optimized to support tablets but when I use it, it is obviously not. One thing I have noticed is these versions do seem to give me the music store option but none of them showed a movie store option.

Has anyone been able to find a market for their Sony that gives access to the full Android market to include music and movies? Or is this just not going to happen because as I said above, Sony wants us to use their store?

To clarify, when I say the above updated market versions are not optimized to play nice with the tablet, they work fine and I know that version 3.3.12 does in fact recognize that I am on a tablet by showing me recommendations for tablets. The problem is that when I go into my apps and choose one of my installed apps, I only get the option to open or uninstall. There is no "details" option like the stock (version 1.0.28) so when there is an update, I can not view the details to see what the update includes. EDIT: I played with it some more and found that I just have to touch the app picture to go to details and submit a review. So the only thing that does not seem to be optimized is the overall UI itself.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

Last edited:

tabs

Nov 30, 2011
Which country are you in?

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

valasante

Oct 20, 2011
I have the same problem. I tried to down load applications like google music from my PC it was then that it stated that I cannot download with my country version.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum