Android Market on Kyros 1125

arena

Jul 8, 2011
I had a mid1024 and using the info here had Market working great. The tablet had some issues so I returned it under warranty. After much frustration and b.s. from Coby support, I called the executive offices in NY. They did help me and sent me a mid1125 as a replacement. It has Gingerbread 2.3.3. I cannot get the Market to work on this tablet. It will go through the process of pairing with my Google account, but when I try to install an app, it force closes and won't open again until I clear the cache or re-install. I have tried several different versions, same result. Ideas?

Sent from my AT100 using Android Tablet Forum

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
What package are your installing apks from? Maybe it's for 2.2?

Go to this site and dowload a ZIP file for 2.3.3: goo-inside.me - gapps downloads

Don't forget to remove/uninstall older ones, reboot, install, then reboot again. Only then add your Google acc.

arena

Jul 8, 2011
Thanks, lfom...you saved me again.

arena

Jul 8, 2011
lfom,
I tried the link you suggested, used the universal zip file with the same results. Market installs, pairs to my acct., then force closes....frustrating. Ideas?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Uninstall (remove) everything related to the Gapps package, reboot, install again starting with GoogleServicesFramwork (actually you just need this and maybe OneTimeInitializer, besides Vending.apk, of course), reboot and try using Market again. You need version 20110307 (for 2.3.3).

arena

Jul 8, 2011
Now the Google services framework won't install.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Did you uninstall everything related to Market and rebooted? If yes, you may need a factory reset to clear it completely (backup your data first).

arena

Jul 8, 2011
Factory reset...google services framework won't install. Using version 20110307 as advised.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
It seems that Telechips versionof the OS is very picky... You can't edit system files, they are reverted to the stock ones after boot. Maybe something like this is happening with your tablet and GoogleServicesFramework now. I would advice a firmware reset, but be aware that 8125 (and also 1125) models have a knowm bug in firmware reset that may put them in loop and you need to use adb and fastboot to get a system wipe.

Last edited:

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
It seems that Telechips versionof the OS is very picky... You can't edit system files, they are reverted to the stock ones after boot. Maybe something like this is happening with your tablet and GoogleServicesFramework now. I would advice a firmware reset, but be aware that 8125 (and also 1125) models have a knowm bug in firmware reset that may put them in loop and you need to use adb and fastboot to get a system wipe.

Hey lfom? This bug in the firmware, I have a question about this model, the 1125. If you don't try to install anything like the files talked about to get the gmail app and market application, will the bug in the firmware be a bother? We'd only install apps from either the getjar/appslib it's probably going to come with installed and the amazon app store. And probably not many at that. We're looking at it mostly for a media player. I know hubby isn't interested in apps for the moment. That might change, and hopefully if that time comes Coby will have released a fix patch for this problem. :) Thanks for the information on this bug in the 1125's firmware. :)

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Probably not. But even if you need recovery, you can do it using adb AFAIK. The bug only interferes with the use of the buttons from what I have read.