Android update to 3.2 WATCH OUT!

cmcooper

Sep 20, 2011
Out of the box, conect to wifi at home and a update for android pops up!

So I do it...

Now running 3.2 from 3.1.

My wifi at home still works well but at work it keeps losing DNS.

Looks like a bug in version 3.2 not sony...

Hope a new fix is out soon and some uses set wifi to static but I cant do that at work.

;-(

108060p

Sep 19, 2011
Hmm..I have not experienced that problem. I too upgraded the day 3.2 was available and have been on multiple wifi networks since. No issues. One of the updates in the upgrade was to eliminate the wifi from disconnecting and reconnecting. That issues has been resolved. Upgrade router firmware?

cmcooper

Sep 20, 2011
Hi, thanks for your input.

It is odd and it works fine at home on my wifi.

At work using the uni's wifi eduroam it connects and works fine for about 10 secounds then I lose DNS.

The tablet still saying it has a conection but the wifi checker has IP but no DNS.

Odd that my HTC HD with android connects and works fine.

So I am a bit stuck.

;-(

Sep 20, 2011

At work using the uni's wifi eduroam it connects and works fine for about 10 secounds then I lose DNS.

The tablet still saying it has a conection but the wifi checker has IP but no DNS.

So I am a bit stuck.

;-(

Exactly the same thing happened to me. I upgraded Android to 3.2 and my office wifi stopped working. I can use my IPhone hotspot feature and it shows full strength - office wifi nothing. My laptop shows a full strength signal so I know it's there.

cmcooper

Sep 20, 2011
I did read something from a user that had NO wifi connect.. and pushed the reset and then it work.. But did not work for me.

The prob is I do get a connection and stays connected but NO dns... but have IP.

Harris

Dec 29, 2011
I updated myn straight away to and everything was going great i woke up this morning and now its saying my wi-fi is not in range and im sitting right next to it, can anyone help me plz,
and also i downloaded GTA 3 yesturday and theres no sound on the gameplay its self does anyone know why,
thank you

mr_nismo

Oct 31, 2011
I updated myn straight away to and everything was going great i woke up this morning and now its saying my wi-fi is not in range and im sitting right next to it, can anyone help me plz,
and also i downloaded GTA 3 yesturday and theres no sound on the gameplay its self does anyone know why,
thank you
sound works fine on gta3 for me

Wildfireone

Mar 20, 2012

So I am a bit stuck.

;-(

Did you ever find a fix for this? I am still having this problem on a new sony s but only using eduroam at uni.

Wildfireone

Mar 20, 2012
Did you ever find a fix for this? I am still having this problem on a new sony s but only using eduroam at uni.
[FIXED] This is a problem with the certificate store, just look in your security settings and tick "Use Secure Credentials". It should ask you to set a password, you MUST set something here. Now restart wifi and see if this solves your problem.