Any chance ICS will fix the ASUS Transformer Prime? A bit of a let down... :-(

mcdonsco

Jan 8, 2012
So I picked up my Asus Transformer Prime yesterday, was totally excited and LOVED IT, was ready to get rid of my 1st gen iPad right then...but then over the last 24 hours I've noted several issues:
  1. GPS - If you're here you likely already know of these issues; they are very real - more of an annoyance to me as I don't rely on it with my tablet but would be nice if it worked
  2. WIFI - This one is really annoying. I live on a small lot in a 2,100 sqft house, not exactly a "compound" by any means, I could pee off my deck and hit my neighbors house, yet I can't connect to my wifi connection with the prime in several spots IN the house and immediately outside...Using a Dlink DGL 4500 wireless N router...My 1st gen iPad has no issues connecting anywhere on my property...I started looking at high gain antenna's for this issue and thought "what the hell am I doing? This thing SHOULD work".
  3. Video quality when streaming. For movies I have on the device they play just about as well as on my 1st gen iPad, but when streaming, like over netflix they take FOREVER to load and look bad compared to even my 1st gen iPad - This is sad; this new device should knock the snot ouf of a 1st gen iPad.
  4. Web browsing leaves A LOT to be desired, clunky at best...Pages LOOK better than they do on the iPad once loaded, but they DO NOT scroll smoothly like they do on the iPad and often take a LONG TIME to load even on a strong/fast wifi connection (in the ATP's case have to be standing next to the router for that to happen).
  5. General "force close" errors; I get them randomly, no ryme or reason I can figure out. I get them on my phone too (RAZR), but seems more frequent on the Transformer Prime.
I'm going to wait it out until I can update it to ICS, if I'm still having these issues after that updated it's going to end up going back and I'll wait for the iPad 3 and keep my 1st gen ipad in the meantime - just sucks - I HATE IOS! Love Android, but damn it if it doesn't work, well, then it doesn't work.

Anyone know if it's even remotely possible that ICS will remedy some of this?

GameHog9

Sep 21, 2011
Im willing to bet so. Impressions from ICS are generally good and it seems to be a much tidier OS overall. Ive read that many devices gain a performance boost under ICS.